Lesson Teamwork

Green gas surrounds us. We can't even see each other. Each of us are holding a bucket of water. Gobber put me with Astrid and Ruffnut for this lesson.

"Today is about teamwork," Gobber says. "Now, a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head lights it. Your job is to know which is which."

"Two heads, twice the trouble," I say more to myself.

"Try to see where the gas is coming from." Astrid looks around us, us three moving around in a circle to cover more area.

"I don't know about you guys, but having your sight taken away is very frightening," I say out loud to break the tension.

Now I know how Vidar feels.

"There!" Somebody shouts with water being thrown at us. When some gas clears, Tuffnut and Snotlout emerge from the unknown.

"Hey! It's us, idiots!" Ruffnut says.

"Your butts are getting bigger. We thought you were a dragon," Tuffnut says with zero hesitation, just being as straight forward as Tuffnut can be.

"Not that there's anything wrong with a dragon-esque figure—" Astrid punches Snotlout to shut him up. "Ow!" Ruffnut throws her bucket at Tuffnut, who is then dragged into the wall of smoke. He screams.

Astrid stops Ruffnut from going after him. "Wait." A swipe of a very large tail knocks us to our feet.

Tuffnut screams as he runs out of the smoke. "Oh, I'm hurt! I am very much hurt!"

"At least you still have your brother, Ruffnut." I mutter.

"Chances of survival are dwindling into single-digits now," Fishlegs says from the mysterious gas.

"Thanks for the comfort, Fishlegs!" I say as I stand. One of the Zippleback heads emerges from the mist. "Oh, dear."

Fishlegs throws water at its face, and it angrily spews out some green gas. "Oh. Wrong head." The head sprays a large stream of green gas, and Fishlegs runs off screaming.

"Fishlegs!" Gobber shouts.

The head turns its attention to Hiccup and the other head comes into view, spitting electrical sparks. I'm guessing that one is the head we're suppose to put out.

"Now, Hiccup!"

Hiccup throws the bucket of water at the spark-spitting head but misses. "Oh, come on!" The Zippleback pounces, both heads snarling at Hiccup.

"Hiccup!" I run towards him, ready to tackle both heads to the ground.

To everyone's surprise, Hiccup begins to stand up to the two-headed monster. He backs it up towards the gate. Surprisingly, it doesn't snap or attack him. If it was Astrid or my dad, I would understand. But Hiccup?

"Now think about what you've done." Hiccup takes out his eel and tosses it into the cage, which makes the Zippleback cower in terror. He shuts the door of the enclosure and turns to see all of us staring at him in a mixture of shock and confusion. "Okay! So, are we done? Because I've got some things we need to, uh... yep. I'll... see- See you tomorrow!"

I smirk as he runs out of the arena to the cove. That's my brother.