Funeral

Me, my friends, Tuffnut, Gobber, Hiccup and Mum are watching Dad's ship drift out to sea. Gobber hands me a bow and arrow.

"May the Valkyries welcome you, and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we may hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla...and know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of kings. For a great man has fallen. A warrior. A chieftain. A father. A friend." Me and Hiccup shoot flaming arrows to light Dad's ship. The others follow suit.

I can't stop crying and I look at my bow. "Even though he wasn't my real dad, he raised me like I was his own. I'm grateful that he never gave me back to Drago. He once told me that a chief protects his own and I will always remember that. I loved him like he loved me. I'm not a Bludvist...I'm a Haddock." I look at Hiccup and hold his hand. Tuffnut holds my other hand.

"I'm sorry, Dad." Hiccup grips my hand tightly. I look at all the dragon riders wiping away tears. "I'm not the chief that you wanted me to be. And I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was. I don't know..."

Mum stands at the other side of him. "You came early into this world. You were such a wee thing. So frail, so fragile. I feared you wouldn't make it. But your father...he never doubted." Mum looks at Tuffnut and he walks away. Mum strokes my and Hiccup's cheek. "He always said you'd become the strongest of them all. And he was right. He raised Beth to become a strong woman and she has broken a gender role. Women can change things too. You have the hearts of chiefs and the souls of dragons. Only you two can bring our worlds together. That is who you are, children," Mum leaves us.

"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great? That brave? That selfless? I guess you can only try." Hiccup's sadness becomes a fierce determination. He looks at me and we smile at each other before we look at the others. "A chief protects his own. We're going back."

"Uh, with what?" Tuffnut asks.

"He took all the dragons." Ruffnut waves her hands around.

Hiccup shakes his head. "Not all of them."

"I'll always be with you, bro." I place a hand on his shoulder. "I'm willing to go against being a Bludvist to protect everything and everyone I love."

"Aren't you nervous?" Snotlout asks me. "He's your dad and you're going against him. No one has ever done that before on Berk."

I smirk. "I'm part Bewilderbeast. We fear nothing and we do best in defending what we love. I might not be able to control the Bewilderbeast with my Alpha powers but Hiccup and I have something more powerful." I give Hiccup and high-five. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Hiccup nods. "Babies." We lead everyone to the sanctuary.

"Baby dragons are very hard to control. Just a warming." I jump onto a baby's back. The other's do the same and we take off, but not very well, as the dragons ignore their riders and fly erratically. We all scream because the babies are flying all over the place.

"Fly straight, will ya?!" Ruffnut asks her dragon

"I don't want to die!" Fishlegs shouts.

"We can't fly these things!" Tuffnut bangs his first on his baby dragon.

"Yeah, no kidding!" Fishlegs crashes through snow pile.

"But won't that Bewilderbeast just take control of these guys, too?" Astrid asks us.

"They're babies." Hiccup looks at me with a grin.

"They don't listen to anyone!" I look over my shoulder.

"Yeah, just like us!" Tuffnut flies level with me.

"This...is..." Gobber crashes into wall and recovers. "Very dangerous!" He crashes again and recovers. "Some might suggest this is poorly conceived."

"Well, it's a good thing that we never listen." Hiccup holds out his hand and I give him a low high-five.

"So-" Gobber is interrupted by an iceberg. "What is your-" And another one. "Plan?"

"Get our dragons back and kick Drago's-" Hiccup is interrupted by an iceberg.

"Heads up!" Gobber shouts.

"And that thing." Hiccup looks at the wall of snow in front of us. Gobber crashes into the ice again as the rest of us fly over it.

"I've got the hang of this!" I do a loopty loop with my dragon. "We can defeat Drago, guys!"