Chief?

My dragons are flying through a boundless sky to look for Hiccup and Toothless. I'm hopping from dragon to dragon because it's fun but I'm being careful because the part of the peg legs where my knees should be tends to get a bit stiff. I lie down on Venom's back with my hands behind my head and look at the clouds above us. I close my eyes and smile. After a minute of silence, I hear a high pitch sound. I sit up quickly and look around. From the boundless sky, a black speck rockets across the horizon. The image of unbridled freedom.

I grin. "Hiccup! Toothless!" I sit on Venom's back properly. "Get them, guys!" Tucked into his riding position, Hiccup appears to be part of Toothless since the two are inseparable. They dip, roll and dive, over a sea teeming with Thunderdrums, pulling off daring manoeuvres with honed refinement, making them seem effortless.

"Yeah!" Hiccup cheers. They jackknife, heading skyward, rolling and tumbling through the ethereal cloud-scapes and joining high-flying Timberjacks as they soar in amazing formation. Hiccup is bound head-to-toe in a snug, aerodynamic flight suit- an asymmetrical, functional design of leather and articulated plates. It has an air of Viking bike leather. I sneak up behind him and bump Venom into Toothless. Toothless bounces into Gold-Heart who pushes him down to Saphira but she pushes him into Smaug. Smaug catches them. Hiccup screams from my surprise.

"Surprise!" I shout while laughing.

"What are you doing here? Dad's going to kill you!" Hiccup clutches onto Toothless who gives us all a death glare.

"I was bored. Dad hasn't been letting me join in on Dragon Racing with my friends so I joined in, came in second and I decided to find you. You know how much I enjoy some freedom." I shrug.

Hiccup rolls his eyes and looks at Toothless. "What do you think, bud? Wanna give this another shot?" Toothless grumbles in protest. "Toothless! It'll be fine." With a click of a lever, he locks the pedals in the flared tail position. Hiccup then unhooks himself from the saddle. "Ready?" Toothless snorts unenthusiastically.

"Be careful!" I call. Suddenly, Hiccup slides off of Toothless, peeling away from him like a skydiver from a plane, yelling as he plummets. Gold-Heart, Venom, Smaug, Saphira and Toothless dive after him. I scream from the sudden diving from Venom. They spiral through the air, face-to-face. Toothless is having fun, despite himself. When he sees the ocean, Hiccup slips his forearms through a pair of tucked leather flaps, and yanks, unfurling sheets of leather as he extends his arms. They catch the wind, snapping like wings, and sending him gliding. "It works!" Toothless unfolds his wings, too, catching up with Hiccup. We plunge past cloud formations, splitting apart then crossing paths again.

"This is amazing!" Hiccup cheers. A cloud layer washes past, exposing a towering rock formation. "No longer amazing! Toothless!" Hiccup tries to steer himself away, to no avail. Toothless pours on the speed, trying to catch Hiccup as he hurtles toward collision. His locked tail makes manoeuvring difficult. He's unable to pull up at a steep enough angle.

"Hiccup!" I fly Venom towards Hiccup and jump to protect him. At the last second, Toothless blasts the jagged rocks just ahead of Hiccup then wraps Hiccup in his wings as they fly through it. Gold-Heart wraps her wings around me. I feel the other dragons do the same to Gold-Heart. We emerge through the cloud of debris and hurtles into the trees of a neighbouring peak. We tumble down the uneven terrain, coming to rest on a small plateau. Me and Hiccup emerge from the cocoon of wings. He switches his prosthetic riding foot to his walking foot and stows his leather wings.

"That really came out of nowhere." Hiccup says.

"You think?!" I stand up, with the help from Gold-Heart since I have peg legs, still feeling dizzy. We all watch the sea stack cracks and falls. Toothless grumbles and Gold-Heart throws up.