Chapter 7: Raichu's Secret Weapon

"Quinci," Shell asked, "Are you ready?"

"Yup!" Quinci said. She spread her hands, just as Emily would from Pegasus. Fire burst out, and Quinci manipulated it so that it would make a hole in the metal cage. Metal and water, from the ice, dripped down.

"Yes!" Shell said, "It's working!" Ravisu jumped to the side as molten metal nearly fell on her. An Instinct person yelled, "HEY!"

"Whoops," Shelly said. She held up her hands, and ice and frost spread over everyone. Soon, the place was a museum of ice statues.

As Shelly did her Articuno skillz, Quinci slumped to the floor of the huge cage. She looked ready to pass out.

"Okay, gyarados. Let's do this quickly before Quinci becomes unconscious." Shell called. Gyarados appeared with a blast of blueness.

"Guys," Shell said, "hop on!" Gyarados snaked through the hole, careful not to get burned (though it was water type). They jumped over the trees, like some cross between a rainbow and a waterfall.

The friends were in the air, soaring above Raichu's squad.

"Hey!" he screamed, "Get BACK HERE!" Raichu shot a bolt of lightning at gyarados. Zeus couldn't have hit better.

Shell, seizing the moment, made gyarados jerk up. Bell and Ravisu were immediately shot off.

"You still think this is worth sour patches?" Bell asked, as they fell down 100 yards.

"How are we going to survive?" Ravisu questioned.

"Oh yeah." Bell said, her voice muffled by the wind.

"Well," Ravisu hoped, "I think we will land on someone, and the whole place is dirt and grass. Hopefully, we land on Raichu Human."

"This reminds me of the dropper. Like in Minecraft."

"Here we go!" Ravisu said, and the two friends were plummeting down to Earth. They landed in the cage with a THUMP.

"Uhh..." Bell said, still dazed, "How are we alive?"

"Yeah," Ravisu said, "I calculated that at the impact of the fall, we were going to die anyway." She was looking at herself. There was nothing. No bruises, not even a scratch. Ravisu looked over at Bell. She was perfectly unharmed.

"How are you not hurt?" Ravisu asked, "How am I not hurt?"

"Ahh!" Raichu came over, "What was that? If I hadn't calculated with preciseness that you two would land in the cell, then you would be dead!"

"Ugh," Ravisu whispered, "I think this is one of the variables that Shell did NOT mention."

"I think she knew that we would be fine." Bell said, "But how?"

"Well," Raichu said, "now that the heirs are gone, you guys could be forced- I mean sorry join our team!"

"Why would I be forced," Ravisu said, "Shell almost got us killed. I have NO respect for her. I will totally join Team Instinct."

"Hmm," Raichu said suspiciously.

"What are you doing?!" Bell whisper-screamed.

"Just follow my lead," Ravisu replied.

"Ugh," Bell said, raising her voice, "I totally agree with you. I thought they were our friends!"

"Okay!" Raichu said happily, "This would be easier than I thought!" Raichu handed them their pokeballs and freed them from the cell.

"This guy may be a physician," Bell said, "but I don't think he reviewed his psychology. Maybe he didn't want forensics because he was going to be the criminal."

"Yup," Ravisu agreed.

"Follow along," Raichu said, leading them near all the Mystic and Valor traitors. Bell noticed that some of them were wearing some sort of electricity receiver. What is that? Bell thought, what are they meant to do? She looked at the devices some more, and then spotted the master on Raichu's wrist. Bell glanced at Ravisu. She looked completely dumbfounded, probably because she was following Bell's eyes.

Raichu stopped. He turned around, "You guys better not be lying. Oh, and I forgot, all of my team members have to wear these." Raichu handed them two bracelets, similar to the ones that the Mystics and Valors were wearing.

Ravisu slid them on. Her eyes blanked, and suddenly, she couldn't remember who she was. All she could feel was a white numbness in her head. Suddenly, she saw the world shrink a little. So she was rising; but how? Then, the world began to spin! She felt like a puppet doing a pirouette.

"Good," Raichu checked.

"What are you doing?" Bell asked. She had put her wristband on, but over her jacket. No way was she getting Instinct germs on herself.

"Argh!" Raichu complained. He tapped the wristband on himself. "WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING?!"

Bell stole a glance at Ravisu. She was still twirling, and past the blank eyes, she could see panic. He's trying to control me! She realized. Since he is able to control electricity, he must be sending signals through the nerves system so he can control everyone! It must not be working since the device is not touching my skin. But Bell mimicked the blank expression just to keep safe.

"There we go," Raichu cackled evilly. "Now you guys are all under my control! Once I show Shelly and Quinci my new captives, they won't wait to join me!"

"Uh, no way!" Bell argued. Then, she remembered. "MALFUNCTION!"

"Hmm..." Raichu said, as he typed random buttons, "Ah! There we go! Now, Bell, tell me where Shell and Quinci are. And how to contact them."

"Uh..." Bell stuttered, "The code- signal word is 'WE SURRENDER!'"

"WE SURRENDER!!" Raichu shouted.

*cricket chirp*

"How come nothing worked?" Raichu asked angrily.

"Because you have to say it louder," Bell answered.

"WE SURRENDER!!!" Raichu screamed using an invisible microphone (this works because microphones transfer electrical signals to a speaker, but since he could do it on his own, he doesn't need a speaker).

"Haha jk Raichu Human," Bell laughed. "You srsly just said that."

"AHH THESE BUTTONS DON'T WORK!" Raichu slammed the screen. "I SHOULD HAVE MADE IT! NOT THOSE MYSTICS! UGH! It was SUPPOSED to fire electricity at your brain waves giving me control!"

Why would someone admit that, Zapdos asked, you srsly just told them our secret weapon.

Bell grabbed Ravisu's wristband, and slid it off after a few microseconds of struggle. Miraculously, Ravisu stopped nodding her head. Then, Bell screamed the real signal word (orange pineapples).

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Ravisu complained, snapping out of her daze.

Suddenly, a blue figure came out of the sky. "Hi guys," Shell said, "Time to go!"

	"AhA!" Raichu said, "Guards! Seize them!"

"Uh oh." Quinci screamed, "HURRY UP!"

Bell and Ravisu jumped onto gyarados and the four friends flew up n' out.