one//sam

As my mom's car pulled up into my new school, I pulled the sleeves of my oversized maroon sweater up to my knuckles and bounced my right leg up and down.

"Honey," my mother started, turning her head towards me,"you're going to be fine. I'm sorry we had to move halfway into your school yeah but this was the only job i was able to find."

I nodded and took a deep breath, letting out a shaky, laughing exhale. "I know I'll be okay," I said," but I just have a strange feeling that something's going to go wrong."

My mom put her hand on my knee and shook my leg slightly. "You will be fine. you'll make friends, try to make friends," my mom says, adding an extra emphasis to the last part.

"Okay. I'm gonna go in ma, I'm going to be late."

"Okay, bye honey," my mom says, leaning over to kiss my cheek. "have fun."

I chuckle, and get out of the car, breathing in the cool, salty air. I wave a final goodbye to my mom as she backs out of the school parking lot and drives back home.

I hesitantly open the doors to the school's main entrance and walk into the main office. The secretary takes one look at me and asks,"Samuel J. Golbach," looking at me over her glasses. I nod and she hands me a small stack of papers, consisting of my schedule, a map of the school (thankfully) and a list of clubs and their information. I give the secretary my thanks and walk off to my first class.

/////

Hey! i got inspired to write this while driving around the vast canadian niagara falls landscape. expect frequent updates!!!