twelve//colby

sorry i haven't been writing going to an arts high school is t o u g h
///////
i know that sam has already come out to his mom and sister, but i haven't.

i haven't even thought about coming out to my parents. they aren't religious but they aren't the most accepting bunch either. they scold my music and clothing tastes and dislike how i'm turning out, and the thought of coming out to them scares me.

sam has told me that it would be wise to tell them, we'd be able to hang out at each other's houses without suspicion, but there's something so anxiety inducing about having to tell your parents something where the outcome is indiscernible.

"hey, colby, baby, stop shaking," sam places his hand on my chest,"i'm there with you every step of the way, hun."

we're hanging out on his bed, and he's laying on me. it's very reassuring having him next to me, but i'm still so scared. him and i planned a dinner with my parents on friday, two days away. i don't know how this will turn out, but i know i have sam with me.

"colby," sams soft voice breaks the silence drifting through the air.

"what's up?" i'm running my fingers through sam's hair. it's so soft...

"we should dye your hair," he giggles. god, his smile, it's intoxicating.

"what color are you thinking, cutie?"

sam giggles nervously, he covers his face with his hands. even in the dim lighting provided by the sunset, i can see the blush scattered on his face.

"hey, hey don't cover that beautiful face of yours," i coo, sitting up and dragging him onto my lap. "i wanna see your rosy cheeks, and your pretty eyes, and your perfect lips, and your cute nose," i lean over him and kiss his cheeks, forehead, nose, mouth, and relish in the giggles escaping from his soft lips.

"colby, stop being all cheesy, you're making me soft."

i laugh. sam doesn't like when i make him blush, he thinks it makes him too soft. but...

"sam i don't think you know just how much i love your softness," i whisper in his ear, kissing just under it and holding his waist.

i stop, and lean back, tilting my head. sam mimics.

"so," i ask,"what color are you thinking?"

sam rolls his eyes and thinks for a moment, studying my hair. he flips it to the left, to the right, up in a quiff, down to my nose.

"blue! can we dye it blue? like your eyes!"

"yeah?"

"yeah."

"let's go get it then," i say, grabbing his arms and dragging him off the bed.

"cOlby, let me go!" he kicked his legs and that caused him to slide more and he fell off of the bed onto his butt. he groaned, getting up and rubbing his butt and squinting at me. "ow," he said.

"c'mon, sam. lets go."