eleven//sam

holy wtf 1k reads r u kidding?? this story is so trash wtf are y'all even thinking??

/////

the cuts and bruises on colby's face were healing up, but it still hurt to see him in pain. i could tell he really took a beating from brennen that week ago but he still stands strong when around everyone else, which could be good, but it's also bad for yourself. i'm just glad he could open up to me.

i wish colby could stop fighting with brennen but something that's engrained into someone like the colby's hatred for brennen is hard to take away. he's held up the promise he made and has stopped fighting and just avoided brennen over all, and im really glad he has.

"you like what you see?"

i blinked and realized that i had been staring at colby while thinking. we were laying on our sides, on my bed, facing each other. i had been staring at colby's face while thinking about him, which is something i've been doing quite recently.

the glow of my fairy lights illuminates colby's face and makes his eyes stand out even more. god, im so lucky to have him.

"colby, you know i always like what i see when i look at you."

colby laughs and pulls me closer, pressing me into his chest. i fit my head in the crook of his neck, and we just lay there, in each other's company.

i wonder if while we were laying there, lulling ourselves to sleep, colby thought as much about me as i thought about him.

/////

"so, are you and colby, like, a thing," some tall, tanned skinned boy with a bun asks me. he's holding hands with one of the cheerleaders of the highschool. i believe her name is devyn, but i'm not sure.

"yeah, we are a thing." my hands were shaking. i wasn't sure if he was going to be homophobic or not, considering he seemed as if he was very popular. not all popular kids are good kids. a percent of them are very mean and judge mental, and i know how bad those kids can be.

"that's cool, i just wondered since i've seen you two walking around the halls between passing periods holding hands and laughing together and stuff and i just wanted to say that you two are really cute together."

my eyes widened. wow, that response took me by surprise.

"tha-thanks, i guess."

he smiled at me and walked away with the cheerleader.