three//sam

"You're cute when you stutter," He had said, walking off with a smirk on his face.

My eyes widened, and I bring up a sweater-covered hand to my blushing cheeks, Colby looking back at me one last time before exiting the class. 

I regain my calm and walk out of the classroom towards my next class, biology.

/////

Once lunch period had rolled around, I walked into the cafeteria and looked around for Colby.

I see him sitting in a table by himself, the one farthest from the main entrance. I stride towards him and slowly sit down across from him. He pulls out one of his earbuds, looks up at me, and smiles. He pauses his music and puts his phone to the side. "Hey, Sam, I'm surprised you didn't choose to sit at any other seat around me, one with more livelihood, maybe," He comments, his smooth, deep voice sending chills down my spine. "No, I think I'd rath-rather stay here. You're the only person who had- whose intro-introduced themselves to me s-so far."

Colby smiles and readjusts the grey woven beanie resting on his head.

"So, you seem to have proven yourself to be trustworthy. Are you able to meet me outside the school doors, to show you my super-duper ultra-secret hideout?" He says, his voice in a low whisper.

"Yeah, I'd lov- umm.. love to see your super-duper ultra-secret hideout," I reply, mocking the tone of his voice.

He laughs and smiles at me. "You know, in the three years that I've been in this hellhole, I've never taken such a liking to a person like I have to you. Something about you tells me that I can spill all my problems and worries on you, that I can talk to you," Colby says, looking me up and down, his dark, blue eyes staring into mine. I gulp, and I shift in my seat.

"Y-Yeah," I stutter," I feel like even though you honestly look intimidating, you're a lot nicer than I'd thought you'd be."

I find myself gazing at the piercings scattered on his face. He has two snake bites, black in color. Earlier today, he also showed me the piercing on his tongue. The most prominent piercing that I see of his is the septum piercing, a silver ring in between his nostrils. He looked astonishing.

"Like what you see," Colby smirks, breaking me out of my spell.

I blush furiously, bringing a hand to cover it up.

"No," Colby says. He grabs my wrist and brings my hand down. "You shouldn't cover up that beautiful face of yours," he flirts. My blush, unfortunately, brightens, leading Colby to send a smirk my way as he looks at my rosy cheeks.

"Ca-can I touch yo-your piercings?"

Colby chuckles, and leans forward, motioning for me to go ahead. I put my thumb on his lips, playing with the snake bites resting just below them. Colby closes his eyes and lets out a sigh. My heart beats fast and I leave my hand resting on his cheek, my thumb brushing over his slightly chapped lips. I bring my hand back and run it through my hair.

Colby opens his eyes and smiles, taking out a pencil and a piece of paper and scribbling something down on it

The bell rings, signaling the next period. Colby slips me the piece of paper. "I'll see you later, Sam,"He says, winking at me and walking off into the school halls.

I unfold the paper, and I see a number and the words "call me, i won't bite"

/////

I wait at the school entrance, like Colby told me. I see a tall brunette with blonde highlights walk towards me. I shove my hands in my pocket and gulp, watching him approach me. He looked intimidating, but in a different way than Colby. This guy had a football jersey on, he might be a jock, then? He was muscular, very muscular. He could mess me up badly if he wanted to.

"Hi, I'm Brennen. I saw you hanging out with that loser during lunch and I'd like to advise you to stay away from him. He has... problems. He's not good people," He says, fairly confidently, too.

"I-I don't th-think that you know Colby. He's rea-really nice, nicer than any-anyone has b-been to me so far. N-nicer than, uh- nicer than you," I defend. I won't let anyone talk about Colby like that. He's so kind, and no one deserves to be talked about like that, especially not him. Brennen raises his eyebrows.

"Look, twink," He spat, causing me to flinch. "You'd better-"

"He'd better what Brennen," Colby threatens, standing in front of me and holding my waist from behind him. "If there's anything anyone should do, it's you who should away from him."

I subconsciously grasp Colby's muscular arm, and shrink behind him, tears and sniffles escaping. Brennen scoffs, and leans down to where I am. Colby stiffens and steps back, bringing me further away from Brennen.

"I just wanted to tell little Sammy over here to be careful who he confides with. You don't want him to get hurt, do you?"

"Get your ass away from here," Colby spat, his grip on me tightening.

"As you wish," Brennen smirks, walking away from Colby and I.

Colby suddenly spins, dragging me away. "Are you okay, did he hurt you," He asks, putting his hands on my cheeks, using his thumb to wipe away any tears left on my cheeks. I put my small, soft hands over his bigger, calloused ones.

"No, Colby, he didn't hurt me, not at all... he really scared me though. Who was he?"

Colby lets out a sigh of relief and wraps his arm around my thin waist. "I'll tell you on the way to my super-duper ultra-secret hideout."

And we walk, towards where, I don't know. I just know that I feel safe now, walking next to Colby.

/////

1008 words honeys!!

hope you like this story cuz i do.

so yeah

bye my dudes