01.

Jungkook tries not to allow jealousy to consume him as he watches Taehyung and Jimin cuddle up against one another at one end of the large grey sofa. Jimin is curled up against Taehyung's side, an arm resting on his shoulders, nosing at Taehyung's neck as they both revel in their scents.

Jungkook tries not to let his emotions seep in, seeking attention from the older members of his group. Hoseok enters the room, eyes brightening up at the couple, sitting next to Taehyung as he shifts to get comfortable, sighing in content as the alpha begins to run his fingers through his hair.

He tries not to feel unwanted as he shifts uncomfortably on the other side of the L-shaped couch, glancing at the empty spaces on either side of him as he wraps his arms around his waist for a sense of comfort, inevitably making himself appear much smaller than he intended.

Jungkook really does try.

Jealousy was a vicious snake though, and before he realized it, he was storming towards the corridor, visibly deflating when nobody notices him leaving. He shakes his head at his feelings, reminding himself that these emotions weren't normal for a beta.

Jungkook let's his feet take him somewhere, anywhere else, and he soon arrives in the kitchen, slowing down once he notices Seokjin and Namjoon fighting against the counter, growling and trying to pin eachother. Eventually, Namjoon reluctantly submits to the show of dominance, taking the biting nip against the scent gland on his neck like a champ as Seokjin scolds him for his recklessness, "You know you're off-limits from the kitchen for this very reason, Namjoon."

It was obvious he was referring to the burnt eggs sitting pitifully in the smoking pan, the smell making Jungkook's sensitive nose scrunch up. With a little chuckle at their behavior, Jungkook grabs a banana from the fruit bowl before making his way towards the table.

Namjoon clears his throat as he begins to rummage in the refrigerator, a bright blush traveling down from his face to his neck after realizing his maknae witnessed his shameful obedience to another alpha. "Good morning, pup."

"'Morning, Namjoon-hyung." Jungkook responds, ears heating at the endearment. Jungkook was not a pup anymore, but the name has stuck to him since before debut, when he was nothing more than a tiny thirteen year-old standing in their all-too-small dormitory, scent of baby powder still wafting from his frail figure.

"You're up early, Jungkook-ah. I usually have to wrestle you out of bed." Seokjin teases as he swats Namjoon away from the fridge with a playful warning glare. Namjoon takes his protein shake towards the table with a huff.

"Yeah, well you can thank hyungs for that." Jungkook's response was muffled around the mouth-full of banana. Seokjin didn't have to ask what he was speaking of; after all, they all had such sensitive ears that Jimin's and Taehyung's dispute sounded like it was practically in their own bedrooms.

"Aish, those pups. What are we gonna do with them?" Seokjin's complaint was directed more towards Namjoon than anything as he began to cook a new batch of eggs for the pack. "They've been challenging each other all too much as of late."

Namjoon hummed in response, smacking his lips after taking a swig of the shake. "You know how it was, being a young alpha: hormones screaming at you to dominate everything in sight. They're still getting used to their places in our hierarchy."

Seokjin nodded with an exasperated sigh, "Yeah, but we weren't nearly as bad as them."

"In their defense, they did mature shortly after joining us at the dorms. Just like our Jungkook-ah here," Namjoon reach over to ruffle Jungkook's hair before continuing, "We presented years before our debut, we had more of time to get used to the jist of being an alpha before being thrown into a pack with no hierarchy yet."