02.

The day only seemed to go downhill from there. Even though Jungkook applied the blockers and beta scenters before leaving his home, the omegan scent that was there before still clinged to his skin, though now it mixed with his beta scenter. It seemed everyone was talking about the faint but distinctly omega scent clinging to Jungkook's skin. Some staff members even came up with the ridiculous notion that he might've mated with an omega the night before, as if Bangtan wasn't known world-wide as a polyamorous pack. Bang PD got one wiff of the unfamiliar smell and gave the young boy a disapproving look, which was the worst possible thing to an approval-seeking Jungkook.

After vocal practice, the group had a short lunch break before they were led to the practice room. Just as they finished performing DNA, a middle-aged man stepped into the room and approached their dance instructor. It was Jungkook's new manager, had only been with the company for a few months. He murmured a few words under his breath to the instructor as his gaze followed Jungkook's every move.

Jungkook subconsiously shifted towards Seokjin, hand coming up to grip the sleeve of Jin's shirt. Seokjin frowned at the obvious signs of Jungkook's discomfort, wondering what had happened as his alpha began to rouse.

"Jungkook, go ahead." The instructer told the youngest, who shifted nervously before hesitantly following the man, finally letting go of his hyung.

"What's wrong?" Seokjin walked up to the instructor, worried about his maknae as his scent thickened slightly. At the sight of his dongsaengs puzzled expressions, he realized they weren't informed either and his concern only grew. Members were rarely ever pulled out of practice since it was disrespectful towards the staff, so it must've been important.

"Jungkook has some schedule changes that need to be addressed," Was all their unbothered instructor said before they had to get in position for the next song.

The maknae returned a little while later, brows furrowed as he joined his hyungs mid-song. Unlike Jungkook's usual near-perfect performance, he stumbled throughout the choreography and made simple mistakes in parts of the song he normally would've executed flawlessly.

Unfortunately, with the youngest of their pack being a beta, he had no distinct scent and therefore his distress could not be easily sensed. His hyungs grew worried as time passed but were hesitant to approach the situation, knowing it was in Jungkook's stubborn nature to deny his problems, not wanting to be bothersome.

Before one of them could address the situation, Jungkook tumbled to the ground with a yelp. He gently cupped his swollen ankle, hissing in pain at the contact. Seokjin was down by his side instantly, frantically spewing questions as he panicked about his beta. The worried pack scents were burning the noses of everyone within the room, suffocating to anyone outside of their pack. Jungkook exposed his unmarked neck to the members in attempts at calming his alphas, "I'm alright hyung, it's probably just a sprain."

Jimin couldn't help but bare his canines at the helpless instructor, who quickly rushed out of the practice room at such a submissive gesture from the maknae. It wasn't for his wandering eyes, Jimin thought as he slammed the door closed with a bang.

Seokjin growled in approval, beginning to smother his beta in his own thick scent as he pushed his face against the uncovered neck. Thanks to their second genders, they heal much faster than their human counterparts. Sadly, even those powers have an extent when it comes to muscle or bone injuries. It may take several hours or days for a sprain to heal, depending on the person in question.

Fortunately for them, Jungkook healed more quickly than anybody they've met. One morning after their debut, the maknae was playing a game of tag with Taehyung in their small dormitory, running around the house like wild animals. Seokjin warned them time and time again not to run through the house, reminding them of the possible injuries that may occur as a result of their disobedience. However, as the youngest of his new pack, Jungkook liked to push the boundaries. The beta simply enjoyed antagonizing his hyungs, which is why he decided to sprint down the stairs with Taehyung hot on his trail.