Chapter 35

*Doki Doki*

The sound of Yachi's heartbeat was echoing in her ears. "Uueeh...She's gorgeous! That beauty mark near her mouth is sexy. Kita-chan really knows such a beautiful third-year? Well, Kita-chan is also really cute. Ah. Everyone else around is staring at them too."

Suddenly, the blonde was snapped back to her senses when she realized that Kiyoko had asked her something. She panicked and just said, "O-Okay!" The manager squeezed her hands in thanks and claimed that she would come by again after school.

Kiyoko walked away with a happy look on her face, people staring at her movements. Tsukiko followed the third-year's actions and grabbed ahold of the girl's hands, her excitement taking over.

"Yachi-chan! Thank you!" She felt her friend's hands shaking and suddenly realized what she had done. "A-Ah! S-Sorry!" Tsukiko dropped Yachi's hands like a hot potato.

"K-K-Kita-chaan! I-I don't know what to do!" Yachi panicked causing Tsukiko to panic. The shy girl tried to calm the blonde. "I-It's okay, Yachi-chan! The team is r-really nice!" Her eyes then widened, thinking of another possibility.

"O-Oh no! I-I'm sorry, Yachi-chan! Are you a-already part of a club? I d-didn't know!" She hurriedly started bowing, ashamed that she had assumed her friend was free to join the volleyball team as a manager.

Yachi frantically shook her head. "N-No! It's not that! I'm just scared is all! I don't know the first thing about volleyball." Tsukiko looked up, the hopeful gleam in her eye returning.

"Th-That's okay! This is just a t-trial run, and the team will h-help you! I'm sure y-you'll be fine." She tried assuring the blonde. Yachi just focused on her breathing, trying to calm down herself. "If you say so..." Even though she trusted her friend, she was still nervous about the whole thing.

"Also, you know such a beautiful third-year, Kita-chan??!" She changed the topic somewhat. "E-Eh? I-I guess. I just know h-her through the t-team. I-Is something the matter?"

Yachi started paling. "I'm scared of what her fans might do to me for talking to her!" Tsukiko gave a confused look. "F-Fans...?" The blonde nodded. "Yeah! Her fans might be mad that I talked to their beauty and they might try to kill me!!"

Tsukiko began growing pale as well. "I-I've talked to her before!! Then they'll try to k-kill me f-first!!" The two held onto each other for dear life, seeking comfort through their fear.

"Y-You'll come with me after school, right? Strength in numbers!" The blonde nearly begged. Tsukiko looked down in shame. "I-I'm sorry, Yachi-chan. I c-can't. I have S-Student Council work to do." Yachi squeaked in fear. "Then they'll just pick us off, one by one!" The two friends continued to fear for their lives for the rest of the lunch period.

The next day, they met up again to discuss. "H-How was meeting the team?" Tsukiko tentatively asked. Yachi grew a bit nervous. "Really lively...but not bad." The two smiled at each other. "Th-That's great! Are you going a-again today?" Tsukiko asked.

Yachi nodded and asked, "Can you come today?" The shy girl blushed in response and looked away in embarrassment. "A-Actually, I asked T-Tanaka-senpai if I could w-watch him practice today..."

The blonde beamed at that, both happy that she wouldn't be alone today and happy for her friend's good relationship. Their conversation was interrupted by a loud voice. "Yachi-san!! Tsukiko-chan!!"

The two girls jumped in their seats and looked at the orange-haired boy. Yachi began panicking and her overactive imagination started running wild when Hinata introduced himself and Kageyama.