Chapter Three

Yuan's answer was not what he had expected, and his eyes snapped up to see the other at the ground. "Is he really just going to give up that easily? Why am I so disappointed, isn't that what I wanted?"

"I'm gonna go..." said Yuan again, as he opened the door and walked out.

Yuan wiped away his tears and walked away, leaving Junkai stunned and frozen on the couch. He was about to run after him, when his manager announced, "Congratulations we are done for the day, we may now proceed home and get some rest!" (It is approximately 10 o'clock at night)

"Woo hoo!" screamed Qianxi and every staff member in the room, who were oblivious to what had just happened between Junkai and Yuan.

Everyone started heading towards their vehicles. Qianxi being the quickest out of the three, called shotgun and sat next to their manager in the car. Yuan sat in the seat that was the farthest left. When he noticed Junkai heading towards the car, he hastily picked up his backpack on the floor of the car, and placed it in the middle, creating a barrier between him and Junkai. Junkai got in the car with a look of disappointment evident on his face.

The car ride was silent. Qianxi sensing the tension, turned around, and asked what was wrong. Junkai shook his head and mouthed, "Nothing," while Yuan remained silent, staring out the window. As soon as they arrived at their shared home, Yuan flew out of the car, ran into his room, and locked it.

Qianxi was worried that something had happened between them, and hoped that they could sort it out sooner or later. Junkai sighed, grabbed Yuan's forgotten backpack, and headed towards his room.

"Yuan?" Junkai said while knocking on Yuan's bedroom door. "Yuan?" Silence. "Yuan, I have your backpack." Nothing. "Yuanyuan please open the door. We need to talk."

Finally after several more attempts, Yuan opened the door and asked, "What do you want?"

"Yuan stop being upset," Junkai pleaded.

Yuan responds, "Why do you care how I feel? I thought you didn't want to be friends anymore."

"I didn't mean that," Junkai sighed, "Now can we just forget what happened today?" He tried to plead with an anxious smile on his face.

"No. Not until you tell me what's going on," Yuan said.

"I can't," said Junkai looking down.

"Then we have nothing to discuss about Junkai," said Yuan closing the door, and walked to his bed.

"For the love of god, Yuan!" cried Junkai, bursting through the door, scaring the living daylights out of Yuan.

"Why can't you just leave me alone? Isn't that what you wanted?" Yuan muttered while looking down at his lap. It hurt him to know that he caused Yuan to feel like this. He hated himself for doing this.

"I'm not going anywhere," said Junkai, walking in, and setting Yuan's backpack near his bed. He then walked directly to Yuan, now facing him, and lifted his face up with his hand.

Yuan pursed his lips together, then asked, "Just tell me what's wrong. I promise I'll help you deal with whatever you're dealing with."

Junkai paused when he heard that, glancing at the younger with a wild look in his eyes. "You think you can help me?" he asked and exhaled sharply.

Yuan nodded eagerly, staring right into his eyes. Now that he was so close to Yuan, he could clearly see the tears forming in Yuan's eyes the longer he remained silent.

He forced out a half-hearted laugh. "You can't help me, Yuan. You being around me makes the problem even worse."

"Enough of this, okay? I can't help you if you don't tell me what is wrong," Yuan pleads, holding onto Junkai's hand.

"You just wouldn't understand alright?!" cried Junkai in a random outburst, forcing himself to pull his hand away from Yuan's touch, and turned away. "I can't even tell you why I'm acting this way without possibly screwing everything up," Junkai exclaims, back turned away from Yuan.

After a moment of silence, Yuan broke it by slightly nodding his head and saying, "Oh... I think I understand," and with that, Junkai nearly snapped his neck at the speed he whipped his head around towards Yuan.

🔹◼️🔹◼️🔹◼️🔹◼️🔹◼️🔹◼️🔹◼️🔹
Alright! You have reached the end of chapter three of Not So Secretly Loving You. I hope you enjoyed it, and stay tuned for the next update!