Piper's Mission pt 1

A/N

@OpheliatheEmerald told me about this really adorable idea about how to get Solangelo back together, but it can't happen yet. There is a specific time when it has to happen so you guys have to wait. 

It's going to happen, just give me 4-5 chapters plot, and then we can go back to adorable fluff. 

Also, I got @Is.A.Belle to read this chapter, and she said it was sad. I didn't mean it to be sad! So, warning you now. Sensitive folk might cry, and people like me who don't quite feel emotion, (Is.A.Belle over my shoulder: ALL WILL CRY) might not. 

So, yeah. Let's go. 

--

Piper

I've started to notice subtle differences in Will and Nico. Nico isn't interacting with Will as much as he was, and Will is going quieter with each new day. Jason knows something, but he won't say. He insists that in their own time they'll reveal what's going on. Will's also grown bitter, snapping at Percy and Annabeth if they tried to ask what was wrong. It's like he's slowly falling into a depressed state; staring at walls, snapping at people who try to help, or seemingly not hearing us at all.

Nico is fine. He acts no differently, except for the fact that he doesn't talk to Will like he used to. I haven't seen them hug or hold hands in a week. It's like they've suddenly friend zoned each other - and I am not okay with that.

"Leave me alone." Will snapped for the fifth time today. Nico was trying to talk to him in the common room, but Will was sending him away. This was not the Solangelo I remember.

"Will, I just want to talk to you. I've been having dreams-"

"Dreams? Wow, Nico." Will scoffed. "That's so strange. Sadly, I don't want to talk to you."

"Will, what did I do wrong?" Nico's question was so quiet I almost didn't catch it.

"What did you do wrong?" Will suddenly turned passive-aggressive. He put his finger to his chin, like he was thinking. "Hm, maybe I've found that I've had enough of the lies. You know, I seem to remember you telling me you loved me. I seemed to remember you dating me for two years. Hm, what did you say last night? I think your exact words were; "You're nothing more than a friend."" This got everyone's attention. Hermione looked up from her homework, stunned. Ron and Harry froze mid-game of chess. I dropped my book, Jason looked down sadly and Percy and Annabeth sat up abruptly.

Nico looked around nervously, not liking the attention. "Will, I'm sorry if that hurt you for some reason. But I honestly don't remember us being more than friends." He whispered.

"And that's fine." Will stood up from the couch. "That's fine because last night, you finally cut the act. You finally decided to let me go. And that's fine. Because I may have loved you, I may have wanted you, but I don't any more. Because your nothing more than a lie." He swung his arm around, "You're all nothing more than a lie." And with that he stormed off.

Nico cleared his throat and wiped his eyes with his sleeve. Then he stood up quickly and ran upstairs towards his dormitory. We looked around at each other. Hermione was close to tears. I shifted in my seat, Will's words still echoing in my head.

You're all nothing more than a lie.

What was he going on about? We were his friends, we weren't lying to him about anything. I stood up slowly, making up my mind. I was going to sort this out. I followed Nico upstairs. I opened the door to the dormitory slowly and peeked inside.