Horcruxes

The above video has got to be one of my favourite scenes in Half-Blood Princes. Harry is completely off his head. I also want to make the note that there are some plot holes in this chapter, but I want you to just roll with it. Harry has been with Dumbledore just like in the book and I hinted at it, but I wasn't very clear. All details from their meetings are exactly the same from the book.

-----

Harry

"So he now wants me to figure out what horcruxes are and apparently only Slughorn can tell me." I said in the common room. It was late at night and we were all busy with Defence homework that Snape had set us.

"I reckon you use the Liquid Luck that you got at the start of the year," Annabeth said without skipping a beat. My quill froze above he parchment dripping ink onto my essay.

"What? Annabeth, I know you can be smart sometimes but Harry already used the liquid luck." Ron leant back onto the couch stretching his arms out.

"I personally take offence to the 'you can be smart sometimes'." Annabeth quoted. "I'm always smart. It's a gift."

"It runs in the family." Jason snickered.

"As I was saying-"

"Why didn't I think of that?" I mentally slapped myself. The liquid luck! If I drink that, then I'll for sure get the information out of Slughorn.

"Harry, Snape's essay has made your brain snap-"

"Shut up Ron." Hermione said. "Annabeth is right. Harry should use the liquid luck."

"I am so confused right now," Percy said.

"It's okay, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth pat Percy's knee. "Don't overthink it. Harry knows what I'm talking about." Percy nodded and went back to fiddling with his pen.

"Give me a sec." I leaped to my feet and ran up the stairs. The past couple of weeks I've been meeting with Dumbledore and looking through his memories. The only thing missing from Voldemort's secret past was what Slughorn told him about horcruxes, and I was going to find out what they were.

The liquid luck was wrapped in a sock in my trunk. The small vial held the golden potion that would give me a few hours of pure luck. I grinned ran back out of my dormitory, crashing into Will on the way down the stairs.

"Sorry," I said. He nodded slightly and kept walking. Ever since the incident in the bathroom two weeks ago Will has been ignoring me. Getting through my guilt was a hard process, and him reminding me of what I did to Draco wasn't helping. Something else seemed to be on his mind, but no one asked about it. He wouldn't tell us if we tried.

"Got it." I held the vial up to my friends.

"But- but you used that- but-" Ron stuttered.

"You only thought he used it on you in the first Quidditch match. It's an easy psychological trick." Annabeth shrugged.

"So, what. I drink this and then what?" I ask, looking over the tiny vial.

"I guess you just do whatever you feel like you should do."

"You've got about two and a half hours 'til dinner. You might be able to catch Slughorn now," said Piper.

"Okay then." I shrugged and uncorked the vial. I downed the liquid in one go. It tasted slightly minty. 

"Well?" Nico asked.

"How do you feel?" Annabeth put her quill down. Everyone looked at me expectantly.