Packing Up

Luke

"So, you're not staying over the holidays anymore?" Someone asked Draco. The pale boy shook his head and slammed his trunk closed.

"No, something came up at home and my father wants me back. Like I would stay here anyway," Draco scoffed. I rolled my eyes and swung my legs back and forth on the empty bunkbed. Draco could be such a drama queen sometimes. And this 'business' that he had to take care of at home was basically him and other death eaters catching up and talking murder. I knew Draco was not looking forward to it, but he had to go. Therefore, I had to as well.

I think my favourite part about our 'relationship' - if you could even call it one - was our late night discussions up in the astronomy tower. It's no secret anymore that Draco can't sleep well, and this whole werewolf thing has made his insomnia a lot worse, so to kill the time we talk about anything. I've learnt that when Draco was younger he was taught how to play the piano - until his dad deemed it a 'muggle hobby' and made him find something else to do.

Draco's actually a great guy, and I'm pretty sure I would consider him my friend. The only other real friends I ever had was Annabeth and Thalia - both of whom were girls. And I have to admit, I had a crush on both of them before they turned me down - Thalia, when she became an immortal huntress who swore of romance, and Annabeth on my death bed when she told me she only thought of me as a brother.

Draco had laughed at that one.

When everyone had left the dormitory, Draco turns to me. "Come on," He says and charms the suitcase to hover above the ground. "Don't want to be late for the train."

"Aw, Draco!" I mock. "I thought you wanted me to stay at school for Christmas." He mumbled something that I didn't catch. "Sorry, didn't hear that."

"I said, I'm seriously considering it." Draco turned and left. I know that's not what he said, because whether he wants to admit it or not, I'm the only real friend he's ever had.

----

Percy

"Come on, Leo!" I groaned, standing in the doorway of Harry's dormitory. "Considering you didn't bring anything, you're sure taking your sweet time to get out of the school. The train will have left by the time you're done!"

"Calm down, Percy!" Leo called under one of the beds. "Neville's lost his toad again!"

"Well, aren't you a saint, trying to help him find it," I said sweetly, "Now hurry up! We're going to miss breakfast!"

"We already missed breakfast." Leo stated, lifting his head up. "I'd be able to find the toad better if you just stop yelling at me!" 

He wasn't fast enough to dodge my flying shoe.

"Oy!" He rubbed his head.

"I'll be downstairs," I sighed and turned away. I chuckled to myself as I skipped down the stairs. I love arguing with Leo, he's so much fun to annoy.

Especially last summer when Jason and I flooded Bunker 9. We may have taken it a little too far, but it was worth it.

"Where's Leo?" Jason asked as I walked up to the group, all packed and ready to leave, in the common area. "And, where's your shoe?

"Helping Neville find his toad," I replied. "And as for my shoe-"

"Oh!" Neville interrupted from behind me, "I've found Trevor. He was hiding in my hat. Do you mind telling Leo?" I groaned and trudged over to the stairs.

"Leo!" I yelled up. "Neville's found his toad!"

Leo's reply was a flying shoe to the face. I rubbed my forehead as I picked up my black sneaker and turned to face the group, who were laughing.

"Found my shoe."