1

"No, you don't have to leave, and you don't need to do this. You want to, because you're a coward, and because you're a quitter!" I hissed, putting my cellphone inside my pocket "whatever. Fine, run away, I will too. Goodbye."

"Fine!" My sister spat as I shut the door behind me. My eyes wandered around the city of New York, the smell of cars and grease entering my nose, the cold air breezing over my face.

I knew it, I thought. After she got herself into some trouble, she's gonna run away. She knows our parents are gone. She knows I have nowhere to go, but she still decided to leave.

I probably look like some homeless teenager that had a fight with her parents and ran away, I rolled my eyes at the thought, and duh my hands inside my pockets, revealing the cash I kept for myself well, do homeless people have this much money? I thought, and continued walking as I stuffed it back into my pocket.

My eyes flickered to a bunch of grown men wearing silly costumes, running furiously towards another man. Is this some sort of movie shooting?, I pondered as I walked closer to them.

There was a ring. A golden ring of light revealing another place that looked like some kind of monastery. I investigated it, the golden sheen reflecting from my hazel eyes.

"Ow!" I whined as I was pushed aside by two men fighting "hey-stop- ow!" I landed on my stomach, an entirely different floor below me. It was made out of smooth wood, instead of rough, hard, pavement.

Slowly, I stood up, looking around the monastery. Is this for real?, my head whipped towards the men who were in New York, who now have their arms around another man, trapping him.

"You know, for your third time to try, you really are doing a very bad job at this," a deep and husky voice criticised from another room "attempting to steal another relic for the third time, that's the last straw. You'll be incarcerated. Forever."

My eyes grew wide in fear, as I slowly stepped back from the mess I just got myself into; where am I? What is this?

"Who's there?" The voice called, which cause me to panic immediately, hiding underneath the wooden table behind me.

There was silence. Not a single sound was made, and the only thing that filled my ears was the sound of my heavy breathing. Too quick before I could process it, a golden ring of light once again appeared beside me, a hand pulling me in.

"I said, who's there?" My eyes landed on a man's piercing, blue green ones with specks of gold. His eyebrows were furrowed and his stare was intimidating. "You're not gonna answer me?"

He shook me as he held onto my collar, lifting me up from the ground, my legs dangling.
"I-I...Hazel" I answered shakily

"Alright, Hazel" his voice was impatient and timid "what are you doing here?"

"I...I don't...I-I don't know" I stuttered "I didn't mean to come here, I-I was pushed inside, I was only walking around!-"

"Pushed inside by who?"

"Your men," I answered "I won't tell anyone, I promise! I-you don't have to worry about me cause I really won't be a snitch. I'm gonna go home ASAP I promise"

He slowly put me down and released me from his grip, causing me to stumble back down on my bottom, sitting down on the floor as he towered over me. He looked high and mighty; he wore dark, blue, robes and a red cloak.

"Do you even know where you are?" He asked, a dry laugh leaving from his mouth, turning around "were in Kathmandu." He turned his head and closed up a book on his desk

"Kathmandu? What's that?" I stood up slowly "where's Kathmandu?"

"In Nepal."

My heart stopped after hearing his words. Nepal? How could this be? I can't be in Nepal, because I was just in New York a few minutes ago

"How can that be possible? I was just in New York, we are in New York. Are we?" I choked out "this can't be,-"

"Does it look like it's New York?" He inquired, putting his hands behind his back "I guess you're stuck here, then"

"Stuck here? I can't- I can't be stuck here! How can I be stuck here?! How can I be stuck in Nepal?" I furrowed my eyebrows as my voice raised higher "who are you? What's your deal? I'm not gonna do anything stupid so stop messing around!"

"My name is Doctor Stephen Strange,-" he started

"Wow. Stephen? What a Kathmandu-y name." I huffed, raising my hands sarcastically "look, I just need to go, okay? I can't waste my day, I need to find a place."

"Fine then, be my guest" he stepped aside, making me walk away hesitantly. I walked down the stairs, opening the doors, the sight before me catching my breath.