37

After discussing the plan, everyone sat by the table, continuing their own minds of conversations.

"Woah, Hazel's out here grinding!," Rhodey called out at the sight of her Astro form reading a book and her body in a meditation pose beside them.

"Sorry," She said as she returned back into her body "I can't waste any time, you know how it is,"

"So what's your story?," Scott asked "Thor said his, I said mine, we all did. What about you?,"

"Well, what do you wanna know?," she asked and took her cloak off. "I don't really know where to begin,"

"What have you been doing these past 5 years?," Tony asked curiously, staring at her like she was some sort of puzzle.

"Training and teaching, basically. I knew this day was gonna come, I knew he had a plan," Hazel explained to them "I-after Titan, I just- I can't let him down, I just can't,"

"So who is this doctor, anyways? What kind of doctor is he?," Rhodey asked and sat on the table.

"He was a neurosurgeon. I said was, because he got into a car accident that completely ruined his hands. He was arrogant, egotistical and desperate to find a way to get his hands back so he sought after the ancient one and well, the rest is history."

"Is He your friend or something?"

"I-...I'm his apprentice," she struggled to explain in front of them, not knowing what they were. Tony tapped his fingers against the table.

"She was his Peter," He simply replied, and everyone proceeded to nod. "So I'm guessing you're pretty good at this magic thing by now?,"

"Never as good as him, but decent," she nodded "enough to help you guys out, at least. Well, I mean I hope. I've been training and teaching for 5 years,"

"Why didn't you at least keep in touch?," Tony asked

"Well last time I checked, you were the one who walked out after I...had the incident," She plopped herself down the chair "which, by the way, wasn't cool. Point is, we're here now, we're gonna get them back. I mean, I've been committing 5 years to this!,"

"So what exactly have you learned?," Thor tilted his head and smiled "you know, I've met this fellow Strange, and I've got to say, he is quite good,"

"Really good," Tony continued absentmindedly "he was cocky, but for a damn good reason."

Hazel let out a small laugh at his comments, later making her heart feel heavy and her eyes well up with tears.

"Hazel," Natasha sighed and tried to step towards her, but she waved her away

"No, no, it's fine. It's not like he's not coming back or anything, he'll come back,"

"Yeah well what if he doesn't? How are you so sure that this is all his grand plan?," Rocket asked out of the blue, making everyone glare at him. "Come on, we were all thinking it! It's starting to get a little sad watching her lose her marbles over him!,"

"He'll come back because I trust him!," Hazel snapped and slammed her fist on the table "hear me? You know how many times we've saved you- no, he's saved you and you didn't even know? He told me to trust him and that's what I'm doing,"

"He could've made a mistake-,"

"It's all I have! Can you just let me be stupid, then? If you think it's stupid then just let me be stupid!," she cried "I don't know what I'll do with myself if this doesn't work. I need this to work. Are you happy?,"

"Hazel," Tony breathed "your eyes, I-I could've sworn they glowed for a second,"

"That isn't normal?," Steve asked and panic began to fill their faces. Hazel's jaw dropped to the floor, her first instinct was to stare at her hands.