8

"So what's the deal, Gryor?" Strange inquired mockingly, as he stared at the man in the corner of his cell, his arms hugging his legs "What's a grown man like you doing, attacking a teenager?"

The man simply growled, then glared at the two of them, turning his head away and spitting at the floor.

"I'd answer him, if I were you" Wong suggested. The man stood up, crossed his arms, and bore his eyes into Strange's.

"You don't know, don't you?" He scoffed

"Well we wouldn't be asking you if we did, wouldn't we?" Strange responded, his hands gripping the bars. The man stared at them, howling with laughter at the thought of their cluelessness

"You know, I thought you'd be the first person to realise it just when you've seen her, but I guess not" he laughed "yeah, I like this. I don't think I'll tell you"

"Are we gonna do this the easy way, or the hard way?" Wong whipped out his shields and walked closer to him, Strange putting his hand to stop him

"No." He hummed "let him. We're not dying to know, he doesn't have power over us." He kept his eyes glued to him, watching his every move

"Okay, fine" he kept a smile on his face "actually, no, this is better, I'll give you a hint!"

"Go on."

"All I'm gonna tell you, is that I won't be the only one after her. She's in danger, Strange, when I tell everyone about this, you might as well call her dead." He let out a humourless laugh and shook his head "oh, you never should've brought her here. You never should've let me see her, Strange!"

"I didn't, technically she came to you" he thought out loud, then shook his head to go back to the topic "look, I know she's young, but she's stronger than you think. You should know since she was basically about to finish you, but I guess you don't know how to learn from experience. You know, since you tried to steal a relic thrice but failed?" He taunted, his mouth curling up to a smirk

"No, no I think I know exactly what she's capable of." He crossed his arms and sat back down

"Okay, so she's a strong sorcerer and you guys are after her. Thanks for the answer, bud." He put on a teasing smile as the man tried to say something in return, but he simply walked away with Wong without a trace.

* * * *

"I knew it. I knew she was advancing too quickly for someone who barely knew anything" Strange sat down parallel to Wong

"You were exactly like that"

"Exactly. What, is she gonna be the next sorcerer supreme?" Strange pondered "is that why he said I would recognise it first? Do you think that's it?"

"The ancient one had no clue that you would be the next in line. She was so close to not letting you in" Wong debated, rubbing his chin "but possibly."

"Yeah. Well, whatever it is, she's not safe here" he shook his head and took a sip of his tea, adding a little bit more honey to it

"Do you mean to say you're gonna send her back?" Wong questioned, lines starting to appear on her forehead

"No, of course not" he immediately hissed, a little bit offended "She should stay with me. At the New York sanctum, don't you think?"

"If it keeps her safe, then yes." He poured himself a cup of tea, the liquid spilling out of it and the pot "then we know that her winding up here wasn't an accident"

"Oh, no. Definitely not" he let out a humourless laugh "there's something about her energy, don't you think?"

"Yes" he smiled "very refreshing and delightful; she could light up a whole room, but, she can fight- a mischievous one."

"Yes" he smirked "but there's something else. I can't point it out, but it's weird, you feel it too?"

"I do." He nodded "I know what you're talking about, but there's nothing to worry about her. She's not that kind of person; she's not like Caicillius."

"I know."