47

"I'm going out to Kamar-Taj." Stephen walked by Hazel, who was reading a book. She looked up at him and gave him a nod. "Feet off the table."

Stephen waved his hand slightly, making a force sweep Hazel's feet off of the table. Hazel shut her book at this and scrunched her eyebrows.

"Rude, Steph-" The sorcerer opened a portal to the monastery before she could finish whatever she was saying.

Hazel squinted her eyes as a funny feeling started to travel throughout her body.

"Time to do the thing." She said as she peered at the window. The girl turned the lights off inside the whole Sanctum and stood by the logo window of the Sanctum.

"Nick Fury." She greeted and refused to look at him, clasping her hands behind her back dominantly.
Nick crossed his arms and smirked at the girl.

"So you really are as good as they say," he opened "must be some kind of magic,"

"Or some kind of window," she replied "and intuition. You start noticing things once you stay somewhere long enough."
Her voice sounded a little sarcastic and unamused.

"Sit, please." Hazel turned to him and in a blink of an eye, Fury found himself sitting down on a chair parallel to the sorcerer. "Strange isn't here."

Nick looked down on the chair with amusement and shock, then shook himself back to focus. "I'm not here for Doctor Strange,"

"Hazel Wolfe." She offered her hand for him to shake as she subconsciously squinted her eyes at him. "What do you need?,"

"Well, can't I just get to know you?," He asked

"Very well then." She shrugged and made a cup of tea appear in his hands. She fought back a smile after seeing him grimace. "No? Thought not,"

"I'd prefer whiskey," Fury said as a glass appeared in his hand.

"Morning to you too, then." She smiled at him, making him chuckle. "Now seriously, what do you really wanna know?,"

"So far, Miss Wolfe, you're the only one out of all the heroes I haven't met," he explained to her "so it's what I'm doing,"

"Huh, that's kind of underwhelming," she hummed to herself

"I wanna make sure you're not a threat to planet earth," he explained to her "I wanna see if you're fit for the position,"

"I'm sorry, did you not see me just save the universe with the others about a week ago?" She tilted her head "and position? For what?,"

"Well, lets just say earth's gonna need another group of defenders- or, well, avengers,"

"I'm hoping you're not implying that we could ever replace them." Her tone dropped to seriousness as her face fell.

"I'm not." He shook his head "Stark was a good friend of mine. I watched him grow from a great man to a good man."

Hazel said nothing about what he said, her face softening and lips parting slightly.
"I hope you understand that Stephen and I mostly deal with cosmic threats," she drifted back to the topic

"And I hope you understand that earth needs you two,"

"Yeah, hence the whole cosmic thing," she retorted "look, I don't expect you to understand this, but we go through battles almost routinely. Do you seriously think we'll have time for future attacks?,"

"Yes," he nodded "because you had time for Thanos,"

Hazel sighed and rubbed her temples, stress starting to fill her. "We'll try to help out when we're not dealing with something else,"

"See? There it is." He smiled and took a sip from his glass "Welcome to the team,"

"No certificate or anything?" She tilted her head and he gave a slight chuckle. "Is that enough for a getting to know you thing?,"

"Sure is." He nodded "so how do we contact you?,"

"Well." Hazel crossed her legs and crossed her arms, then stared at him intensely. "You'll have to mediate. Close your eyes, empty your mind and focus on the task. Call out our names."

"You've got to be shitting me,"

"Course I am, we're not fairy godmothers!" She scoffed and amused herself. "No, we have a watchlist on threats. You won't have to call us, we'll just know."

"Right." Fury stood up and straightened himself back. He offered his hand and the girl took it, shaking it. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Wolfe."

"And you, Nick." She nodded and pursed her lips into a thin line.
She made a portal outside the Sanctum and a bottle of whisky in his hand, then made the portal move to him.

Hazel smiled to herself and went down to the kitchen, deciding to make some cookies.

It was when she was scooping up the dough when Stephen appeared beside her, looking over her shoulder.
"So Nick Fury payed me a visit, talked about protecting earth and all that," she brought up.

"Yeah, about time." He said absentmindedly "are those chocolate chip or raisin cookies?,"

"Who do you think I am?" She asked and put a tray in the oven. "Anyways, I agreed. You never told me you'd already met him,"

"Never asked." He said and took a spoon, the scooped a big chuck of the dough.

"Stephen!,"

"It's just a taste!,"

"That's not even a taste, that's a whole dollop!," she called out "ever heard of salmonella, Doctor?,"

"Did you do the thing?," he asked in a slurred manner, the spoon in his mouth.

"Yeah, obviously" she muttered. Stephen took another spoon and put it in his mouth, making her slap his arm. "Hey, stop!,"

"It's better raw!,"

"See, now it's got your saliva." She shook her head "You did that on purpose."

Stephen only smiled at her cockily, then slowly made the bowl move towards him.
"I hope you get salmonella." She scowled at him and squinted her eyes.

HI GUYS! So as Doctor Strange 2 isn't out yet, this book is gonna go on hold

HI GUYS! So as Doctor Strange 2 isn't out yet, this book is gonna go on hold. HOWEVER, I do have another story about Doctor Strange. Same apprenticeship but different plot. Hope you give it a read!

Also, the story got to #1 for #endgame!!!! THANK YOU!