Chapter 3

It was night time. you had just finished showering and laid in your bed, wrapped in your soft blanket-a blanket burrito. You couldn't believe it. Was it all a dream?
Did Charles freaking Xavier almost kiss you?!. You giggled to yourself, laughing at the whole situation. Sighing in frustration you buried your head in the lush lavender pillow.
Your mind was whirling around: thinking of your powers, your life, maybe a little about Charles. Well, you were human after all ;).
___
You rubbed your sore head gingerly- you always had trouble sleeping when stressed or nervous. Rolling out of the queen sized bed, dressed in your oversized shirt that reached your knees. You hugged yourself as you made your way to the kitchen, the cold air nipping at your heels.
___
As you arrived at the kitchen to your surprise ,you found Charles, leaning against the table. A thin smile crept on his face as he saw you walk in, "Charles? what are you doing up", you quipped.
"I could ask you the same thing. I thought of you a morning bird"
You giggled, scratching your arm nervously. Charles turned and reached behind him on the counter and handed you a bottle of aspirin.
"thought you wouldn't read my mind" you teased him taking the aspirin, he chuckled under his breath. Charles slid his tea over to you: you thanked him and downed the painkiller.
" There's something about you y/n? "  Charles spoke shyly. his blues eyes staring deeply into your e/c eyes.
"Nothing bad I hope" you hummed shifting in your seat. you probably should have felt uncomfortable under his stare or perhaps anxious? Except you felt safe near the British hunk - perhaps it is his funky mind-reading powers?!
" FUNKY mind-reading powers!" Charles snorted out of the blue.
"Charles! " you reprimanded, "Don't snoop." You laughed and  punched his arm lightly.
"My apologies love" ,he responded - the smirk clearly meant he was not.
"Well, I better head back to bed." You spoke getting up to leave. feeling a little confident you turned back to Charles and gave him a little kiss on the check, "Goodnight Charles"
Goodnight love he spoke to your mind as you walked away.
___
The next day was quieter. you had a free morning so you decided to spend some time in the gym, of course  you were by Alex who had just finished his run. "no run today huh, y/n ?" He smirked
"aw did ya miss me".
Alex came up behind you and spotted you as you lifted weights.
"Lifting baby weights huh" He chuckled- you two were always like this. Alex and you got on great; He was the brother you never had. even though it took time to warm up to each other. "Yea cause I'm a wee baby. haha classic" you snorted back, "okay that's enough, You tiredly replied as your arms gave.
___
You didn't have training until after lunch so you decided to explore. With one place in mind. the huge backyard! You jogged to the edge of the quaint forest. the sunlight gleaming through the canopy madd the ground like a disco ball. getting distracted by each animal, and every flower hidden in the shrub, You finally stumbled upon a lake in a clearing that called for you to lie upon the bank basking in the sunlight.
___
You had dozed off. that was obvious. More of a full blown nap if anything. The cold woke you as the sun started to set. You mentally cursed yourself, sun napping was always your weakness. A lump formed at the back of your throat, and you became super aware of your surroundings: every rustle, every twig snap. "Frick" you hissed looking around. Funny how you never realised how the trees looked the same in the nearing dark and how cold it got. "Okay y/n what way.... what way" you bit your lip as you thought, wringing your hands. Deciding to take the direction straight ahead. "Creepy how this kinda reminds me of the Blair witch project. "Chills literally chill guys" you spoke as you ventured further into the forest or further back to the mansion. "Great y/n now you're talking to yourself" you responded.
___
No one's POV
"Guys, has anyone seen y/n today," Raven asked the group in the living room.
"I saw her a bit before lunch, she had finished up in the gym. She's probably asleep or something" Alex replied calmly. he was a bit concerned, he knew how you tended to wonder when you got distracted. Erik looked up and looked at his friend waiting for a response.
" should we look for her?" Sean started, he stood from his seat. Erik hushed Banshee,
" well, it would be pointless. say Charles you could locate dear y/n" . Erik was not frightened or concerned, instead he seemed to enjoy the fact that his friend, Charles was clearly flustered, " cat got your tongue. Charles ?" Erik mewled a smug look plastered on his face. Charles shot him a glare before easing his fingers to his temple: "That's quite enough, ...I found her, she's in the forest. Lost" he held back a laughed at this ridiculous turn of events.
___
Y/n POV
You felt a presence digging around in your head, "Charles I know that's you" .you were extremely  frustrated; you wanted to solve your own problem, you absolutely loathed being the damsel in distress. Charles had rescued you once and that was enough.
"If you could be so kind and point me in the right direction that would be marvellous" you muttered, kicking a stone into a bush.
Y/n there is no shame in asking for help. how long have you been lost.
" I'm not lost. I'm just enjoying the return back, no need to rush" you lied -you knew stubbornness would be your downfall.
Mmmmm of course yet the return is to your left now, let us find you.
"How about no Charles, I would never hear the end of it."
Well, it seems you've found your way love. I'll send the others off so you can return silently.
"Thanks, Charlie"
Charlie?
" I'm trying something here go with it"
___
A moment passed and you saw the mansion through the clearing. you jogged up to it and entered.
Silently you went upstairs to take a shower, and sleep. As you entered you were shockingly greeted by someone, "Charles what are you doing here"
"I wanted to make sure you were okay" he spoke concern laced his voice.
"I'm just going to shower we can talk after" you replied, vaguely aware that you probably looked hella nasty from your forest excursion.
You showered quickly, washing your hair and changing into more comfier clothes. Charles sat patiently on the chair  in the corner. He had bought up some snacks presumably your dinner.
"You gem" you teased leaning forward and taking some of the food.
"We were - I was worried about you. couldn't you have told one of us where you were y/n " Charles exsasperated.
"I didn't think I'd be gone long, but I lost track of time... I'm sorry" you replied you felt guilty and you hung your head.
Sensing your discouragement Charles reached your hand and squeezed it gently, "there's something about you" Charles whispered, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.
__
Charles lips were on your own. You forgot your tiredness completely. He pulled you close so that you were in his arm. you ran your fingers through his hair, leaning in again for a kiss. It was a soft gentle kiss, a bit uncertain, but filled with passion. Both responded full heartedly as the kiss deepened. You pulled away for air, face blushed a light crimson. Charles stared deeply at you with his gorgeous eyes his own face was slightly flushed. You sat down on the edge of your bed pulling Charles down beside you, "I've been meaning to do that since our previous training." He responded a bit out of breath. You stared at him, taking in his full appearance, "Charles, there is something about you "
"Something good I hope" He responded as he planted a kiss on your forehead laying you down to sleep. "Something wonderful, " you muttered as he tucked you in.
You fell asleep to Charles holding you close. Perhaps the something about him was love. The alluring sense that you were falling in love with Charles Xavier. Little did you know that the man holding you close was deeply in awe with you.

Hey guys, I hope you liked it, it's getting more into the charlesx reader relationship. Also on a good note it's school break so I'll have more time to update :) also the chapters so far are drafts and once I've finished ill update it all and improve it. Have a lovely day you.