Chapter 13

It had been a rough day, you sat alone staring out the window of the plane watching as Peter drove the rental car away. 

"I think we started off on the wrong foot" a voice spoke. You looked up to see Logan he sat down opposite you.
"It seems to me that you know more about me then myself" you chuckled under your breath.
"You're from the future? What am I like?"  You leant forward in your seat curious
" You were legendary" he stated bluntly.
You nodded in thought, you gazed at the man: his hair was a deep brown and wild, he smelled of lumber and smoke you presumed from the cigars.
Your thoughts were elsewhere and in the corner of your eyes, you saw Erik approach Charles for the first time in years.
___
"You said something to Charles back at the Pentagon, 'clearly you haven't seen her in the future'. What did you mean?" This question had been at the back of your mind for a while, Logan leaned back in his seat taking another puff. You looked over at the reunited Charles and Erik, Charles was clearly getting mad - you could tell, it was the same look on his face he got all those years back. When you left him-
"Dry your eyes, Erik. It doesn't justify what you've done." Charles spoke dryly, Erik looked at him for a second,
"You have no idea what I've done."
"I know that you took the things that mean the most to me." Emotion cracked in the professor's voice. You looked at Logan who wasn't at all perturbed by the scene, you felt uncomfortable listening in.
"Well, maybe you should have fought harder for them." Erik sassed, you looked up at him sadly knowing how Charles mind worked.
___
"You abandoned me! You took her away and you abandoned me!" Charles yelled getting to his feet,
"Angel. Azazel. Emma. Banshee. Mutant brothers and sisters all dead! Countless others experimented on. Butchered!" Erik replied, his voice was clear but his anger showed as the plane shook, and objects crashed and fell as the plane accelerated downwards. You were pushed back in your chair by the pressure, it was systematic that your body cocooned you in a faint golden haze. You yelled out Erik's name in fear but it did nothing.
___
"Where were you, Charles? We were supposed to protect them! Where were you when your own people needed you? Hiding! You, Hank and y/n! Pretending to be something you're not!". The atmosphere turned bitter and you felt your eyes tear up at the mention of Banshees death.
"Erik!" Charles cried out as he tried to streaky himself
The plane levelled and the flight continued.

Timeskip
You hadn't seen her in years, she looked exactly the same you noticed in dismay. You in comparison did not; no, your hair was longer and darker. you had aged, perhaps you didn't look it physically, but you had seen death in the face and part of you changed. You weren't the same as you were ten years ago.
___
Now the Raven- no, Mystique- that was before you, her eyes widened as she saw - she looked so suprised to see you alive, Charles noticed this. In a flash, Erik held Mystique and gunpoint. "Erik!" You yelled but he merely pushed you aside. Raven looked at her brother and begged. what has this become? you pushed a forcefield at Raven, "run!" You demanded as Erik turned to you.
___
"Where am I?" Logan asked, he was huddled against the wall, you turned to him, "How the hell did I get here?"
"What? You came to us." Charles replied, his expression mirrored your own, confusion amidst panic....
"What the hell is that?" Logan yelled horrified, Beast ascended from the ground. 'Hanks serum must have run out' you thought to yourself.
"Look, I can deal with this. Just go." Charles begged you and Beast to leave. You looked back at Logan and Charles before running to the window, Beast had already landed but you jumped: your powers were used as a trampoline to break your fall.
___
As soon as you rolled onto the ground you took of at a sprint, Beast was tackling Erik. You ran after Mystique, Someone grabbed you from the crowd, it was Mystique in disguise, you held her and used your energy to try heal her. She took off running with a small hobble - the wound left no trail of blood anymore.
You were yanked back by an invisible force and flung across the ground. You landed harshly and a spike of pain grew throughout your body fading away leaving a strong throbbing pain, you clenched your teeth as you stood up.
____
Beast was trapped by the metal rods from the fountain you looked at him torn before running after Erik. You saw him and hurtled a psionic blast in his direction, Erik saw this coming and raised fallen metal debris in the way; the blast of energy merely left a smouldering indent. You ducked, dodging the metal that flew towards your head, you lay there on the ground groaning in pain. You saw lights flash and people crowd around you, you cursed silently. it had been a while since your powers had been used to this extent.
Now all you had to do was find Charles.