Chapter 20

The wind rushed past you; you crashed into the sand the impact formed a hole

The wind rushed past you; you crashed into the sand the impact formed a hole. You quickly analysed the situation: excruciating pain shook your body, your leg twisted behind you and ribs stuck out broken and bloody. You groaned as your body throbbed and ached mixing with the dizziness; you shakily lifted your hand to your ribs the began mending back into your upper abdominal cavity turning into scars that faded back to healed skin. After ten minutes you were healed you couldn't do anything about the blood that stained you were the wounds were. Although you were exhausted from healing yourself, you trudged along back to the city where you could see the fight.
___
The city was a mess; you jumped into battle shielding yourself from a lightning blast and then psionic explosion at Psylocke who snarled in surprise seeing you standing alive. Psylocke battles between you and Beast, "just like Cuba huh Beast?" You laughed before shielding Hank from a strike
"We Make a great team Flare" Beast replied before chucking Psylocke onto the roof.
Kurt teleported in front of you in a flash of blue all of you were back aboard the jet.
You eat out a small cry seeing Charles laying  unconscious on the ground; you pushed Moira to the side cradled Charles placing your hand on his head.
"You'll be okay Charlie" you whispered kissing him on his forehead.
___
The plane shook as Psylocke ripped the roof open and the Archangel jumped in, "Kurt get us out of here" you cried.
Jean used her telekinesis to flip the lever, and the jet veered downwards. You held onto Charles tighter as with your other hand gripped Kurt's tail.
You all appeared in an abandoned house, Kurt was unconscious.
Charles was laid down on the thin rug you wiped his forehead.
Charles cried out Peters name at the time you heard the kids roar of pain.
"Take care of him" you demanded to Moira who took your place next to the professor.
Charles' fingers tried to keep hold of your own, but you slipped away kissing his hand in goodbye. 
___
You formed a blast preparing to hurl it at the mutant just as you were you fell to the ground as two metal structures buried in the sand barring Apocalypse from getting to Charles. You smiled up to see Erik, "no, I betrayed them" he looked at you sadly.
You rolled away from the line of blast getting to your feet You tucked your messy hair behind before shielding Peter from the shards of shrapnel and pipes Magneto hurled at Apocalypse.
Beast and Scott had joined the fight, in the corner of your eyes you saw beast dragging Mystique to safety. Using your psionic energy, you cracked open the ground that had encased Peter, "come on kiddo" you supported the Maximoff leaning him against the wall.
"Remind me to heal that later okay?" You ruffled his hair before jogging back to the fight.
___
Meanwhile, inside of Charles mind him and Apocalypse battled. Scott was targeting him with his optic blasts; you joined in. Looking up soaking in the suns energy feeling the charge surge throughout you, you knelt to the floor sending a solar radioactive heat wave rising towards Apocalypse turning his shield fiery with orange mixed with hot red. Even with all three; Scott, Magneto and your protests to stop Apocalypse he was too strong. The warm fiery colours charged with hot white lightning strikes that burned a hole in the shield; Storm joined Magneto from the air. Scott looked almost ready to pass out you were not doing so good either.
You looked up through the golden swirls that misted around you to see Apocalypse staring at you, "Sol" he cried
You hitched your power up a level exhilarated with determination to bring him down, you could feel your eyes burning and your skin boiling from the radiation yet you continued.
You were slowly sinking to your knees on the ground. You could feel the hot trickle of blood trail from your nose staining the sand. When you could take no longer, a bright fiery explosion happened above you. Jean had unleashed her power. Screams filled the air as Apocalypse slowly was ripped to shreds.
___
Silence fell a dense atmosphere, and you crumbled to the ground with burns fading from your arm, your sweat mingled with the blood and sand. Hank turned you over; you looked dead, your iris faintly golden. You were weak and flopped over on the ground the bright sun was a safety blanket cocooning you in its warmth healing you. You allowed Hank to pick you up and carry you to the others. You licked your dry, cracked lips and coughed a little. You patted Hank to say you could stand. You pulled yourself over to Charles, "heal him" Moira yelled. You shook your head sadly, he was gone, and even if he was still alive, there is no way you could heal to that extent after having drained yourself. You shakily cradled Charles' cheek; you leant back against the wall you couldn't even cry you sat there numb your head in your hands.
___
"Love?" A voice whispered barely audible, you looked up through blurred vision and let out a breathe you hadn't realised you kept. You stared at the resurrected man through tears eyes then, "Charlie" you breathed his name.

A/N
One last chapter till the end of Apocalypse also I'm not sure if I should continue this story once Apocalypse is complete. What do you guys think and if I do continue do you guys have any ideas of where to proceed from 💛
Thanks for reading!