Chapter 22

The first week of you and Charles romantic getaway in Paris involved sightseeing, seeing all the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Notre-Dame. You fell in love with Paris from the breathtaking view you could see everything: the river Seine flowed throughout the city the water glistened in the warm sunlight.
___
You fed each other French delicacies, Créme Brulee while sipping on wine.
You took photos too; you and him sitting in the banks of the river Seine with the moonlight reflecting in the water. Or the picture of you mid-laugh wearing a cute black dress holding a dark blue umbrella as rain poured from the greying sky - Charles insisted on this photo as he stepped from under the umbrella to capture the pure joy.
Also, a more goofy series of photos taken by a friendly passer goer that showed you sitting on Charles lap on his wheelchair; your head tilt back as you grinned and Charles stared at you with heart eyes and Charles and you making silly faces challenging one to laugh ( you won)
___
This is the last few days in Paris now. The morning turned into midday and the warm smell of freshly baked bread in the air and the soft song from birds as they flew past.
You and Charles just got back from the cinema or movie theatre if you like; the film was The Big Blue (a French film 1988?) you quite enjoyed the movie as you could now understand the language although not fluently.
It was a brief intermission between teaching; it felt as if being mutant didn't matter - you didn't have to worry about needing a force field or psionic blast - it was just you and your lover together.
___
"I was thinking about a date" Charles spoke looking up from the book he started reading. You looked up from the bed blushing as you looked back at the ring.
"How about May 20" that was almost two months away.
"Sounds perfect Charlie" you smiled pulling his face close for a brief kiss
"God I can't wait to marry you" you breathed as Charles snuggled closer to you
"Read to me?" You asked Charles smiled
"Anything for you soon to be Mrs y/n Xavier (if you want to keep your last name that's cool just replace Xavier with it XD you closed your eyes and hummed softly as Charles read the pages aloud his soothing accent helped lure you to sleep.
___
Three days later and it had become time to head back to America.
You woke up for the last time with Charles in Paris; you lay like that with your head balanced on his chest for a while before sadly you knew it was time to get ready or you would miss the flight.
___
After breakfast and showering, you both were headed in a cab for the airport where the private jet awaited the two passengers.
Charles stared lovingly at you for the car ride, "I love you" he spoke softly into your air
You traced patterns on his hand before kissing it, "and I you Charlie. I love you."
Charlie sighed in happiness before lifting your chin for a brief kiss.
___
The flight was - well as good as a flight can be. You and Charles had a friendly game of chess a few rounds, and then you fell asleep while Charles stroked your hair. The plane landed, and you blinked your eyes open to see Charles grinning down at you, "welcome home."
___

a/n
Hey guys XD 👻🎃💀👻🎃 ~~halloween ~~
Sorry for short chapter but we still have many more like the wedding 😉 I wasn't even sure I would update today (I'm sick - again 😢), but I did so yay for that!
Also, we reached 2k views!! I am shocked and so freaking happy that you guys like this book 😊 and that have achieved this much. The support for this book is overwhelming too 💛the views on this book has risen way faster then I had ever thought it would, and it makes me so genuinely happy that people are reading this and do like my writing.
Anyways keep being great and have a beautiful day 💛💛