Chapter 8

The sound of the monitor woke you: the white ceiling greeted you, panic tightened around your heart. Am I dead? Is this heaven? No heaven doesn't have beeps in it, You thought to yourself. You looked over on your right. Nothing. Your hands patted the bed, it was hard: not very comfortable. You looked down you wore a loose dark green t shirt that came down to your knees. With a grunt you forced yourself upwards, tears blurred your vision as a pain shot you in your side. You sobbed down some swear words as you turned to stand. "Mother of —" you hissed as you stepped of the bed.
___
You limped towards the door barefooted and peered through it, a vast hallway surrounded by metal. It looked vaguely familiar but everything was a mess and your thoughts were jumbled. Maybe everyone else is dead. You shook your head at the thought but couldn't help feel concern  about something or someone but you just couldn't remember.
Your hand clutched your bandaged side for support as you hobbled down to the stairs slowly making your way down. "Hello?" You called out feebly into the empty floor. Thinking others must be outside you made your way over to the near by window.
___
Two figures made near the yard from the window and you smiled happily, a man in a wheel chair and a women. You frowned, scanning your memory a name appeared - a Macy, Mary no Maurice. No that's not it. Moira! That's right!
"Y/n ?" You thoughts were interrupted by a name, your name being called out from a few feet behind you. Turning around a blonde male hastily walked up to you smiling he held your shoulder as if making sure it was really you, "You're up. How are you feeling. We thought you were gone." He rambled
You stared at this man blankly, millions of questions threatened to drown you, where am I, where is this? Cuba? Shaw?
"It's me, Alex. " the blonde repeated slowly, his eyebrows scrunched in worry and confusion. "You know me. Right?" You stepped back without relising,  this was all too much. You knew him, yet you didn't recognise him at all. Your hands went to your head and tugged on your hair in annoyance. Come on y/n. Think. You scolded yourself again and again. The fog cleared a bit for you to put a name to face, "It's all a bit foggy Summers." You smiled sheepishly up at him, relief showed as he grinned widely. You turned back to the window to see a shock. It was like everything just stopped than snapped, the man in the wheelchair kissed that girl, Moira. Why did you feel upset? This man was important to you but he wasn't. Was he?
You turned around hurt displayed on your face. Why did you feel so betrayed, so heart broken, Alex peered your way at what you just saw  and pulled you away from the window, "y/n it's not like that, Charles had to it's uh not a  thing. Not a thing- their not uhhh—" he scratched the back of his head at loss for words.
"Charles", you whispered, "who is Charles?"

Time skip like 30 minutes
You sat on the couch fiddling with the hem of your shirt. You glanced up to the four faces staring at you intently. "What is the last thing you remember?" A nerdy looking guy in a lab coat asked you, "I remember a bright light and Shaw dead. I remember falling from a height and the ocean. Drowning." You looked down and enhaled deeply trying to not let them see you cry.
"What happened ?" It was your turn to ask, you looked at each face for an answer until Sean started, "well, to pick up from where you left of, basically you fell from the jet and later we found you back on the beach injured a little. Azazel and you were fighting like badasses then he took the fight somewhere else. When Erik was turning back the missiles you made a forcefield to stop him which by the way was so cool. —"
"You drained your power to a point you were basically dead" Alex took over from Sean "not to mention a deflected bullet got you. Then you exploded I guess. Your power did something we didn't know it could."
Hank spoke up, "you sent a shockwave of mild solar radiation luckily it didn't injure anyone but it drained you completely into a coma which you have been in for the last four days."
You nodded taking it all in after moments of silence you looked over at the paralysed man, "and where were you in all of this" you asked, his eyes flited to yours you were surprised to find they looked fresh with tears.
" I Well got injured." He spoke bluntly motioning to his chair he was in, your mouth opened in shock.
"Why can't I remember much, I mean it's coming back. I remember Alex and the battle now. I just.."
" I could try to bring the memories back if you would like love" the man, Charles smiled lovingly at you. It was hard to resist so you nodded.
___
He wheeled over to in front of you his hand rested on either side of your face. You leant into his hold without knowing but went back to fiddling with your shirt.
Images flashed through your mind, like a movie on a fast play"
You saw yourself in an alleyway being beaten by a group of armed men. Charles running to your side saving you.The plane ride with Charles and Erik. Picking out code names. Images of you falling from a great height, waking up in the med room. A kiss. You saw Charles and you on a bed, kissing passionately and intimately. You felt the pain of falling from the bird, the pain stabbed you again in the head. Your hands curled into fists either side of you, your eyes closed and you breathed in fast in pain. Too much pain. You abruptly pulled apart from his touch and sprung to your feet. "I can't, I can't do this" you frantically yelled clutching your head, you walked backwards, Charles turned to around to face you a tear trickling down his cheek. "I'm sorry" you ran off down the hall to your room.
___
You were huddled on your bed in silence. All those memories came back too fast. Your head felt like an explosion never ending. Tears silently flowed down your face, you lied there focusing on your breathing. Get it together. You berated yourself. A knock on your door pulled you from your thoughts, "it's open" you called out. You sat up wiping the tears from your eyes and quickly brushing your hair with your fingers.
Charles entered, he wheeled himself over to your side his eyes wide and pleading. "I'm sorry, too many memories at once I forget how much it hurts."
You smiled briefly, you patted the space next to you and Charles heaved himself up onto the bed you helped him sit down. "I remember you" you whispered barely audible. "I just feel different ya know? I don't think I'm quite the same as I was a week ago" you turned to him, he looked worried fearing what you might say but stayed quiet. "I'm not certain of anything right now. I feel an overpowering surge of energy growing and it scares me. But. There's one thing that's keeping me grounded. You. The love I have for you is still there. " you smiled at Charles, "but I don't know myself right now and I—" your sentence was interrupted by Charles' lips on yours, you moved over to him and replied instantly all that love you had for him was still strong. Your hands were in his hair, on his face. Charles pulled away mid-kiss so fast as if he was on fire. "What happened, Charlie?" You whispered standing back quickly fearing that you hurt him.
"Do that again" Charles spoke his voice shaking.
"Do what?" You started to feel concern
___
Charles pulled you close with his hand and kissed you roughly: he bought your hands to his back and one to his face, you moved so you were straddling him unsure of what was happening - Charles wasn't  this unclear when you were intimate, it was a new side of Charles. You were lost in thought until Charles stood up: yourself still attached to him like a sloth. "Wait, your standing !!" You screamed in joy.
Your arms flew to his head: which was a mistake as his legs gave out and you promptly crashed to the ground in a tangle of limbs on top of Charles. You expected him to cry or something but no he broke out in a fit of adorable laughter. You clutched his hand, "Charles what?" You giggled,
"I think, I think that when you touch me - my spine, you're healing powers allow me to walk. "
"Charles that amazing!" You cried,
You kissed him, again and again, your hand on his spine allowing Charles to stand and make his way over to the bed on which he fell with a thud pulling you on top of him. You guys didnt do anything: to be fair it was the far from your mind. Charles had just got you back, barely and an hour ago you had no memory. You wanted to be held by him, to feel safe in his arms again.
Now that they hadn't died in Cuba, you had the rest of your life ahead of you, with Charles and at this school. You drifted off to sleep cuddled under the sheets with Charles.  That night Charles had transformed the rest of your lost memories into dreams and you fell asleep with sweet dreams.

Hey guys, Yay so first-class part of this story is complete and I think the next 2-3 chapters or less will be a quick transition basically summarising their life before the events of Days of Future Past XD
Also sorry this probably wasn't the best chapter I've been sick this week plus exams so yeah but I'll edit it again later if I remember :)