Chapter 16

You were buried under the stadium for what seemed like hours, the weight of the rubble pressed down on you, and even with your weakening forcefield, it was hard to breathe.
Y/n? Charles spoke via his telepathy
Hold on. We are going to get you out, just hold on love
"What do you think I've been doing" you hissed under your breath.
AN arrow of light pierced the darkness through the break in the rubble you saw Hank. You sighed in relief as he pulled you up out and out of the ruins.
"Thanks" you grinned, leaning on him with exhaustion, "where's Trask," you asked
" Gone. We won" Hank spoke: you felt conflicted Trask lived, but it was out of your hands now- you had a lot of time to think while you were trapped under the stadium.
___
After healing yourself, you hurried over to where Charles was on the ground. You examined the wound placing your hand gently on his face, it healed. Charles stared at you your eyes flitted from his before landing back on his blue eyes: he looked at you as if he had seen you for the first time, "you're leaving again." Charles breathed, you closed your eyes before smiling sadly, "I just need some time for myself."
" I know I've made a mess—" Charles spoke, but you interrupted
"Please, don't make this harder than it already is."
You squeezed Charles hand before leaning in: you placed a kiss on his cheek: part of you didn't want to leave, but you didn't know who you were anymore, Charles changed, you changed, and deep down you knew that this wasn't goodbye.
___
You stood up and took one last look at the blue-eyed professor and left.
Hank and Charles watched you walk away again, after seeing you leave  Charles was defeated, he blamed himself again and again. He longed for you to hold him, to wake up with you next to him like the good old days but that seemed a distant memory.

___
1980 ~ 8 years after you left Charles in Washington DC ~

( I'm not In Love by 10cc ~ this is the song on the car radio)

You had arrived back in your shoebox of an apartment ten minutes ago coming back from another blind date that your friend set up. They were all the same to you - of course, they were all great in their own way, but you didn't click with any of them you didn't have the exciting moment of feeling a spark.
To sum up how great this day had been for you after one roller coaster of a date your boss fired you: he found out that you were a mutant and he was a very understandable man that had grown to be affectionate of you, so he gave you a blind eye to leave before it became a whole scene.

The past years had been good. You had time to be a normal person; no battles or mutants are trying to kill you- just you working on yourself as a person. You did have a relationship that lasted two years to Dave, but it was your luck that he saw you shield your self in an ice skating accident and he ran away screaming.
The gates to the cemetery creaked open, and the statues welcomed you like an old friend: you bought flowers with you they shimmered golden with life. Walking the cobbled path you knelt facing the place your brother is buried, you patted the stone sadly, placing the flowers on the ground proceeding to talk about your day.
You drove as the rain battered the screen you listened to the music,
You hummed along to the lyrics as you let yourself drive where the song takes you - where else did you have to be.
"I'm not in love/So don't forget it/It's just a silly phase I'm going through/ And just because I call you up/Don't get me wrong, don't think you've got it made/I'm not in love/ I'm not in love."
The song ended softly, and the car rolled to a stop, and you looked up to realise where you were.
___
A/N:
Hey guys, unfortunately, I've been sick for almost three weeks :( but I thought I might as well publish this chapter even if it's not one of my best sorry😭. ‼️Also, this is the end of the Days of Future Past segment and again a small summary of the years between before continuing with the Xmen Apocalypse timeline.

**Also who saw the Dark Phoenix trailer ⁉️I can't wait!! Also, I wonder if someone died because in one clip it looked like a funeral 😭😭