First Day (Introduction)

Lucinda and Kim just got off their flight. Due to the popular location they were going to, everyone on mystreet had to pick different ones. This meant they were all arriving at disparaging times, which proved to be very tedious.

Kim huffed, annoyed at how early it was as they left the baggage claim area with their suitcases by their sides. Lucinda shook her head, sitting down in a room off to the side away from the hustle of the business men and other people who were walking around.

Their flight had been late at night, and they slept while on the plane. It was now six AM.

"Give it a rest. I'm normally awake for work now anyway." Lucinda mumbled, slouching to the table.

"Well, I'm not. I hate being up this early."

"Katelyn's flight won't be here for another hour. We might as well get some shut-eye until then, right?" Lucinda mused, stretching in her seat.

"I guess so.." Kim agreed, resting her chin on her arms as Lucinda dozed off quickly. Soon after, Kim fell asleep too.

-x-

"That was a nightmare." Katelyn held tightly onto her husband's arm as she tiredly dragged on. There had been a baby on her flight that hadn't stopped crying, and surely enough it had gotten on Katelyn's nerves.

The husband hummed in agreement, trying to weave his tired wife through the crowds. Meanwhile, he had slept pretty soundly while on the plane.

"Can we get something to eat?" Katelyn groaned, tugging on his sleeve. More often than not, Katelyn was always hungry. It didn't matter what it was that she was eating. She just always was.

"We have to find Lucinda first. Aaaaaand get our bags." He answered, continuing to push through people. She sighed in defeat. She knew he was right, but it pissed her off. The only thing she'd had on the plane for the last six hours were crackers. And she was tired.

Soon they arrived at the baggage claim area, and before Katelyn exploded Travis decided he would carry both of their bags.

"Babe, text Lucinda and ask her where she is."

Katelyn texted Lucinda. They stood patiently in the center of a clearing for five minutes, staring at the phone. No response. Katelyn sent five texts, all within thirty seconds. Then, she called.

"She's not responding."

"Try Kim." Travis suggested.

Katelyn dialed Kim's number, and almost immediately she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you guys?"

"Ohmygoodness, you're here?! Already?"

"Yeah, we've already got our bags," Katelyn readjusted her phone, and repeated, "Where are you guys?"

"Uhm.. we're in section B in the lounge area."

"Ok! Be there soon."

"Bye!"

Katelyn hung up, and announced, "They're in section B. That's two away from here."

Travis nodded in approval, following Katelyn as he heaved their bags.

-x-

"Why do you have your phone on silent?" Kim asked angrily.

Lucinda scrolled through the texts Katelyn sent her, and smiled, amused at how mad Kim was.

"On the plane. In case I got any midnight offers.." Lucinda mumbled, ready to fall back asleep.