Dante

"Your brother's been giving me the evil eye the moment we got here." Dante muses, nudging Vylad with his foot. Vylad grunts, not looking up from his phone. The two boys are sitting on the living room couch in the afternoon. Garroth and Laurence left awhile ago to scope out the beach, and haven't been back for hours.

Vylad shifts on the couch, laying his head on the arm rest. His legs cross over Dante's lap. "Well, he's not here now, is he?" Vylad replies as Dante rests his arms over his legs, phone also in hand.

"Well, no but.. do you think he caught on?" Dante asks, squeezing his leg. Vylad rolls his eyes and sighs. 

"Why do you care Mr. I-Get-All-The-Ladies-All-The-Time?" Vylad teases, sitting up and scooting closer to the bluenette, legs touching.

"Because you're his 'baby-brother'." Dante mocks, imitating Garroth's voice. Vylad giggles.

"Well, he'll have to get over it," Vylad dismisses, booping Dante on the nose before getting up. Dante shakes his head, and throws his head back on the couch. Dante watches Vylad disappear into the kitchen.

"Hey, where are you going?" Dante calls, annoyed that Vylad had just walked away from their conversation.

"To make dinner," Vylad replies, peeking his head out. "You're welcome to help." He finishes, disappearing from Dante's line of sight. Dante grumbles. He know he should help. The only thing keeping him was that he really didn't feel like it. But he also didn't want to be alone.

Dante reluctantly got his lazy butt of the couch, and found Vylad in the kitchen, wrapping a cute little white apron he found around his waist. Dante's face goes a tint red, and Vylad chuckles, gesturing him to come to his side.

"And where did you find this?" Dante asks, taking a hold of a strap with a lining of baby-pink frills, before helping him tie it taut in the back with a pink ribbon.

"Just sitting in the pantry. It was so cute I couldn't help myself." Vylad says, opening the fridge. He pulls out a steak, and hands it to Dante. Dante fidgets, the wrapping beginning to drip with liquids from the meat.

"You're good with steak, right?" Vylad affirms, making note of Dante quickly scurrying over to a  cutting board so the meat didn't get everywhere. The wrapping is hastily drained in the sink, and thrown in the garbage.

"Yeah, I always did most of the cooking. Travis was not allowed near a stove. Or a grill." Dante smiles, "Shouldn't I have the apron since this is the messiest?" Dante asks. Vylad pouts in denial.

"I rock this way better than you ever will," he sticks his tongue out, playfully posing with his hands on his hips.

"Ok, ok forget about it. But if I get stuff all over my jacket you're paying for it." Dante calls over his shoulder, washing his hands in the sink.

"No one asked you to 'get stuff all over your jacket.'" Vylad playfully continues to tease, outwitting the older male. Vylad pulled out an assortment of vegetables out of the fridge, and grabbed a cutting board from the opposite counter.

Dante comes up quick, wrapping his arms around Vylad's torso from behind and resting his chin on his shoulder. Vylad jumps before falling back into Dante's embrace. A small kiss is pressed to his temple, before Dante sighs.

"You're so mean," Dante whines.

"You're so annoying," Vylad says in response, his free hand coming up to cup Dante's opposite cheek and tilting his head back to press a kiss to Dante's cheek. Dante gives up after that, and does as he's told.

"I'm making broccoli and steamed carrots tonight. So prepare the steak however you'd like." Vylad directs, precisely cutting the carrots into small bite-sized pieces. A few minutes pass of Dante seasoning the steak, and Vylad cutting vegetables.

"Baby, wanna put on some music?" Dante asks, exercising one of the many names he uses to refer to his lover. Vylad brightens up, and leaves Dante for a few minutes to fetch his speaker out of his luggage. Dante can hear him excitedly running up and down the stairs, and chuckles.

Vylad had a huge obsession at the moment with Italian pop songs, which was nice when you actually spoke the language. He gave Dante a break though, and decided to play classical music. Dante almost audibly sighed in relief, but Vylad didn't have a clue and continued to merrily chop up vegetables.

***

An hour passes, and dinner is almost ready. Dante is patiently leaning on a table top, the steak in the oven and going to be ready in approximately ten minutes. He's watching Vylad finish tossing the salad, now adding tomatoes and the carrots and broccoli from before into the bowl.

Dante remembers with a grimace the second day of their vacation. By eight in the morning Vylad had a shopping list divided into fourths to be carried out by the afternoon. Garroth and Laurence were sitting outside on the porch, and had yet to receive their lists.

Dante was the first victim, still in his pajamas at the kitchen table scrolling through his phone before his boyfriend came up behind him and forcibly shoved the slip in front of him, smiling cheekily.

"I want to get all of our shopping out of the way," Vylad explains, one hand holding a cup of tea while the other draped around Dante's shoulders.

"Only this?" Dante asked innocently, hoping it was the case. Vylad evilly chuckled, pulling three other lists out of his pocket. Dante groaned, causing Vylad to laugh. 

"We shouldn't be long with the lists divided like this.. even though they are kind of long," Vylad pointed out, patting his shoulder before going out to confront his brother.

The only problem was that it lasted for about five hours.

"You done yet? It's only a salad," Dante called, growing annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah. Just finished." Vylad half smiled half grumbled, quickly wrapping the salad in ceramic wrap before putting it in the fridge.

"Good. I wanna kiss you one last time before he gets back," Dante selfishly admits, not even batting an eyelash. Vylad hums in response, hurrying up his pace to clean up his workspace.

Vylad turns over his shoulder and confronts Dante, quickly pulling him in by the jacket to peck at his lips softly, before pulling away. Dante's annoyed though.

"That's all I get?" He fake cries, hands on Vylad's waist.

"For now. We don't know when they'll be back." Vylad points out.

Cue Garroth and Laurence entering immediately, seeing the two in such a provocative circumstance.

Dante retracts his hands immediately, and crosses his arms.

"We just got finished making dinner! How was it?" Vylad quickly asks, taking the attention off Dante.

"Really good, actually. Beach wasn't as populated as we thought it'd be, so we kind of just.. stayed there for awhile." Laurence replied. This was an obvious fact; both natural tanners, their skin had already turned at least two tints darker than before.

The whole time Garroth's gaze bores into Dante's soul. Dante simply rolls his eyes at his old friend, and gets out the steak, which ended up tasing amazing. The only thing left over at the very end were vegetables, which actually pleased Vylad. Extra vegetables meant left overs!

Dante sat next to Vylad at the table. Garroth said nothing.

lol haven't updated in months y'all thought I was gone well guess who's back that's right m e let's hope i don't take a 2-3 month break again, huh?