Baby

"I'm sorry sir?" I say, stuttering a bit in between words.

"Who are you really?" He asked again, this time only having a smirk on his face.

I blinked, but only playing innocent is the best way to win.

"I'm just a worker here at the cafe."

I replied, praying that he isn't thinking of what I'm thinking.

"No you're not. I see you like everywhere I go, seriously."

He laughed, and I joined in too, relaxing my tense shoulders that I didn't even realize of. I started breathing normally again, and was way more relaxed than before.

"Well, you saw me somewhere else too?"

He nodded.

"I saw you at the mall the other day, and at the supermarket before that too."

Funny, I told him I was going to the mall yesterday. Wonder what he was doing there.

"What a small world."

"Truly is. What's your name?"

He asked, although I've seen him trying to read my tiny handwriting of my name on my badge.

"My name is Soojung. But call me Junnie."

"Ahh, I've made a friend today. Nice to meet you Junnie, I'm Jungkook."

I chuckled, "I know. You came here last time and I freaked out, remember?"

He was searching for an answer in his head, looking around and at me.

"Oh right!" He finally snapped his fingers, "Sorry, I forget things easily."

Why is he talking to me if he has a date today?

"Otherwise, leaving on that note, do you have a reservation made?"

I tried nudging a little, wanting to end this suffering of acting like someone else. But I am someone else.

"I've just came here to say I would like to cancel my reservation."

I blinked, "w-why? May I ask?"

He tilted his head towards the side a little, as the light hits his light red hair.

"A change in plans, that's all."

I nodded, trying to do what was needed on the screen, although simple things are hard when a cute guy is staring at you.

"All done. Anything else?"

He shook his head, not looking concerned at all.

"That'll be it. Thank you."

I watched him leave, as I wait for his appearance to be gone in my sight, I slowly reach for my phone.
-
Me:
Change of plans. Looks like you're going to have to pick the camera up.

Mina:
What do you mean? I thought he was going to take me to your cafe.

Me:
He came in and cancelled it. Can't tell you anything else.

Mina:
That's fine. I have an extra microphone, in case you still want to help. I think I've got it though.

Me:
Nah, I'm out. Where do you get all these gadgets?

Mina:
Online.

Me:
Okay then.
-
My phone buzzed again, only this time it was Jungkook.
-
Jungkook:
Hey, I'm planning to pick you up. Send me your address?
-
I was just about to send it to him when I realized that it might not be a smart move, considering the fact that I will see him very often, if I do give my address.

But I don't mind. He will be hanging out with Mina, and it might make things easier. I decided to send him the address and text Mina that Jungkook is going to pick her up.

I look around, bored. I tried to distract myself, but we cleaned the place already and kicked the customers out.

Just then Katie walked in from the back.

"Hey guys, we are just going to close for the day. Take your free three hours off, enjoy the nice weather. I expect to see you guys Tuesday."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and immediately started dropping their black, rusty caps and aprons while I stand there, taking my time.

I have nothing to do today, is that bad? Although I'm always playing the hustle game, I do things normal people would do. But lately, I haven't found the social time.

I decided to head to the bar, and call up some friends.
...

The bitter, familiar taste hits my tongue, slowly dripping down to my throat. My lips part the shot glass, only to be found empty.

My phone read 9:02 p.m. and my friends read half drunk. I was with three people, yet the noise of us sounded like ten.

"Junnie, can you take me home please?"

One asked, I was too drunk myself to even drive.

"No." I barked, she giggled.

I looked at the time on my phone again, reading 9:03 p.m.

I unlocked my phone, seeing that Mina had texted me she was home two hours ago.

I was bored, and I wasn't thinking clear, I wanted a distraction.
-
Me:
Hey baby.

Jungkook:
Baby?
-