Crowd

"Are you kidding me?"

I sigh, looking up in my shorts and a green shirt. My hair tied up to it's bun, and makeup smeared all over my face.

My bed is a mess, and there are clothes from last night, everywhere.

But that's not the only thing that's messed up. The person I drunk texted last night.

I read the conversation over, and over again. I really screwed up, but luckily, I am great at covering my ass up.
-
Me:
Hey, I am so sorry for the text last night, that was my drunk roommate.

Me:
I don't know how she got on my phone, or when. But she did, and I am super sorry.

Jungkook:
It's fine, no need to explain. You forgot I live with six idiots, they drink here and there. They've done worse, no worries.

Me:
Thank you, for the reassurance.

Jungkook:
Can I ask a question? I'm sorry, but it's been an urge.

Me:
I'll do my best.
-

I gulp, as I look around to see my room and how much work needs to be done.

-

Jungkook:
was your roommate talking about you? In that last text you sent? The "she feel hard for you, but she doesn't know" one.

Me:
I don't know. I know I like you. And that's a fact.

Jungkook:
but what about the "you don't know. You think you do, but you don't." Part?

Me:
Kook, she was drunk okay? I don't know who or what she means. It's just her unconscious mind talking. She could've meant herself, okay?

Jungkook:
Right. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-

-

I really wasn't in the mood for this. I have enough stuff to deal with, and I don't need some guy asking about how I feel.

Cleaning my room, was the best option. So I did, I kept cleaning until the clock slowly ran down to 2:00 p.m.

I couldn't do it anymore, so I decided to take a nice shower, the warm lucid water hitting my back, creating goosebumps all over.

After I was done, I decided to put on light makeup, to go out.

Just then, Mina walked in. She sat on my bed, knowing she's welcomed anytime.

"Hey, can I ask you a favor?"

I add finishing touches to my face, slowly saying,

"Yea, what's up?"

She started playing with my phone case. She always fiddles with something, so she looks for the closest thing.

"Can you go out and buy snacks on the way home? Some friends are coming over."

I listened to her tone carefully, she's hiding something. But I don't know what. Her voice was a bit shaky, and unsure.

"Sure. I'll be back around 8:00 though, sounds good?"

She nodded, quickly dropping my phone and speed walking to her room.

Something's up with her.
-
-
After a couple hours of shopping, I decided to hit the grocery store and pick up some good eats.

All I picked up were some microwaveable spicy rice cakes, along with chips and ramen.

That should be enough for a small get together.

I got out of the store, leaving me to go home. Looking on my phone, it was just past 8:40 p.m.

As I arrived, I heard loud music. I easily assumed it was our neighbours, there were some college girls that threw parties a lot.

But as I got closer to the door, I realised it wasn't them. It was coming from our house.

I opened the door, finding red solo cups in the air, as people moved their hips to the music, covered with loud laughter.

I spotted Mina, holding some guy's hand. We made eye contact, and she came to the kitchen.

"Are you out of your mind Mina? A couple of people is not the same as a party!"

"I know! I know. Just, Jungkook came-"

"He's here?"

I looked around, trying to look for his face.

"Yea, he's here. He has a couple of cute friends you can get with-"

"MINA! that's not the problem here. How many people are here?"

She looked around, squinting her eyes.

"Maybe, 30 people?"

I sighed, looking down in misery. I only bought two bags worth of snacks to feed thirty people.

I didn't feel comfortable, I didn't like parties. It's not that I'm an introvert, but it's just not my type.

"Okay, have fun. I'm heading out."

I turned to walk out into the crowd.

"No wait!"

She said, but was caught up with Jungkook. I can't be in his view, he can't know.

I then bumped into a taller male then me. I looked up to see pink, soft hair.

He backed up, smiling.

Great, a pervert probably.

"Look buddy, I'm trying to get out of here-"

"Then let me join," he said cutting off what I was saying.