Prologue

Dear John,

It's been exactly one month and twenty-four hours since you left me. Everybody has been asking me if I'm okay. Am I? Of course I'm not. But I'm just tired of everyone watching me with pitiful eyes.

I think my parents were supposed to come by our - my house today. I really don't know I've lost track of everything lately. But on the bright side at least I don't have to go back to work until two more months. I should be happy about that but I'm not. Because when I'm alone everything just comes back in flashes.

If you were here I wouldn't have felt this way. But then again if you were here I wouldn't have been in this situation.

I've been going to a support group. I don't know how I feel about that yet. It was the only thing I was willing to carry out to get my parents off my back. I know they mean well but sometimes they're just really suffocating at times.

It was actually the guy who helps us at the support group; I think his name was Barry, Larry someway along the line I guess. I don't really pay attention. But I decided to listen and he said, "It won't guarantee you complete closure but it'll help a bit in moving forward" I didn't quite know what he was talking about but that's what brought me here.

In a way I guess he was right. I still miss you, writing to you won't stop me but it helps me get through the day mostly. But it feels like your right here listening to me while I rant. I could hear and see you biting your lip trying not to laugh at me as I continue rambling nonsense.

It's getting late and I have to go but talk to you the same time around yeah?

-Nova