Confused Minds

Lauren's POV...(Fast forwarding a week or so Felix got an apartment and they moved into it)

Things have gotten a bit awkward between Felix and I lately, he's kinda avoiding me, spending time in his office making videos. Trust me I have nothing against him and his videos, but he hasn't come out at all since this morning and it's 10 pm. Giving up, I lazily let myself fall on the couch and watched tv. I started falling asleep when something jumped on me. My eyes popped open to reveal a small black dog/pug named Edgar as I recall from videos (I just call them straight up dogs but hey whatever floats your boat). He began to lick my face as I pet him softly, I remember when I owned a dog but my brother took the dog with him when he moved out. He was half German shepherd, half husky. Then he jumped off of me and ran to Felix's office door, I followed him, Edgar's tail wagged fast as he softly whined and tried to kick the door. I picked him up and pet his head as the door opened. There Felix stood, his face emotionless but I could tell he was dying inside "He is worried about you, and so am I" Felix slowly took Edgar from me "You shouldn't be worried, I'm fine" I sighed "Felix don't be difficult, your not fine, you've been in there all day without a break for food or anything!" He tensed up and clenched his fists at his side "Marziabrokeupwithme..." he mumbled below a whisper "What?" he looked me straight in the eyes "She broke up with me!" He yelled as he slammed the door back and stayed in his office. I sighed again in defeat and headed down the short hall and into the bedroom we shared. I changed into my pajamas and plopped down on the bed pulling the covers over my teary eyed face and giving into sleep.

Felix's POV...

Maybe I shouldn't have been so mean to Lauren, she was only trying to help me. I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror, I looked horrible, my hair was a mess from my hands running through them so much. Under my eyes were developing bags. I took a deep breathe, I have to get over her sometime besides I kinda like Lauren. I opened the door from my office and all the lights were off except the one for the short hallway. Creeping over into the bedroom Lauren was asleep, I sighed and made my way to the bed after changing. Steadily I pull the covers over me making sure not to wake Lauren. She spun around to face me, her sleeping form is just so beautiful, I know that sounds stalker-ish but hey you can't blame me. Lauren's body came close to mine, I could feel her breath against my bare chest. I smiled to myself and put my arms around her protectively and pulled her closer. She cuddle up against me and breathed in and out softly. Laying my head on top of hers, I closed my eyes and gave into sleep.

****

The next morning I woke up to Lauren still in my arms. Smiling again to myself as her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me, full of worry. Showing her a toothy grin, to let her know I was okay she smiled back. For a second attempt I leaned in carefully, inching closer, she returned the movement. We both stopped with our foreheads touching and lips just an inch apart. "I really like you and I'm glad your here" I said shyly a blush creeping up on my face. Finally after what felt like an eternity, we closed the gap between us and our lips touched. Lauren's lips were so soft and the kiss was like magic. I cupped her face lightly as she put her hand on my neck and pulled me slightly closer. After a while we broke apart for much needed air. That was when I realized what I had done, I have just kissed Lauren and just last night I was depressed from the break-up with Marzia, what am I doing? My heart beat fast and I panicked "I have to go somewhere" was all I could manage to spit out. Lauren looked at me with devastation. I grabbed my jacket and went out the door. What was I thinking, I'm supposed to be trying to get Marzia back. You like her. But I love Lauren too. My mind argued back and forth, I needed some fresh air. As I stepped outside and the cool breeze hit my face my phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I grabbed my phone and picked it up without looking at the caller ID. The first thing they said was "I'm sorry..." This is going to be difficult.

Lauren's POV...

Felix and I just kissed. We kissed. I like him and he likes me...I think. After the kiss he just left. Why do you always screw it up Lauren, why? I dragged my feet out the bed and to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. Why does everyone hate me? He probably loves Marzia and I'm just there... I went through my bag and got out my razor, I gave up cutting ever since meeting Felix and here I was sitting in the bathroom, cutting my wrist because of him. The one who was supposed to save me, but no one can save me. I'm lost in the dark and he was my light, but now he's gone. The blood dripped slowly from my wrist and it stung but I could careless. Then things began to go black. What do you have to live for anyways? Was my question to myself as I heard a voice scream my name and blacked out...