Chapter 1

Outfit above^^^
Dawn's POV

I just arrived at the Port Angeles airport. I told Bella that I was meeting her at noon but my flight was delayed and I couldn't call her on the plane.

"Hey, Bella. I am here at the gate, my flight was delayed. Call me when you get here or get this message. See you soon," I hung up the phone and slid it into my pocket.

I went to baggage claim and picked up my luggage. I felt my phone buzz and Bella said that she sent Charlie to pick me up because she had something important come up. I knew that was her code for she was with her boyfriend. I saw Charlie standing next to his cruiser. I smiled and waved at him and he gave me a small smile. The car ride was quiet with a few questions here and there. We pulled up to a white two-story house with the lawn looking less like a lawn and more like a mud pit. Life and weather was different here than in Arizona. I walked in the old door and saw Bella and a pale blonde boy walking downstairs laughing.

"Hey Bells," I said giving a small wave to the pair.

"Hey. This is my boyfriend Edward," Bella said gesturing to the pale boy behind her. "Why don't I show you to my room? Edward, I will see you tomorrow."

"It was nice to meet you, Edward."

"You too." He sounded like he was in pain.

Bella helped me carry my luggage upstairs and into her room. There was another room but Charlie had his hunting gear in there. There was a pallet on the floor and I laid down. Bella asked if I was okay and I told her that it was just jet lag.

"So how is it back home? How's your mom?" Bella asked as we sat downstairs at the dining table eating dinner.

"Um... Mom's not doing well... She... The doctors don't think that she is going to make it much longer-"

"Then why are you here?"

"I had to get away. The doctors and the medical bills were getting to be too much. I just needed a break with my best friend... and I wanted to meet the man who saved your life."

"Maybe you could stay here with Charlie and me?"

"And what about mom. I can't transfer her here and I want to be with her. The doctors assured me that she will be fine for a few weeks and I decided to get away and come for a visit. I'm sorry for dumping this on you, this was the last thing that I wanted to talk about when I first got here."

"It's fine. I'm glad that you told me."

"Me too."

The rest of the night was filled with lighthearted conversation that revolved around Edward and her relationship. She told me what had happened last year but I had a feeling that she was leaving the most important details but I let it go. We called it in early and went to sleep. For once in a long time, I was sleeping and not dreaming. I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and not sleepy. I got dressed in a pair of boot cut jeans, a navy tank top, a red plaid, long-sleeve shirt, and a white vest. I grabbed my brown bag and walked downstairs. Bella was making breakfast and Charlie had left for work. Bella told me that she had a party to attend at Edward's and she asked if I wanted to come.

Bella drove her truck up through the forest and she pulled up to a mansion. The sun was shining, well as much as it can in Forks and when Edward walked out his skin sparkled. Edward looked furious that I was there, Bella looked guilty, The rest of the Cullen family were a mix of angry and confused and emotionless. I hopped out of the truck and stood awkwardly by the door. Bella waved me over to her side and I slowly walked over to her and gave an awkward wave.

"Before you say anything how about I chalk this up to a trick of the light and you don't tell me the actual truth," I said holding my hand up to stop Edward from giving me a stupid explanation.

"Welcome to our home I'm Carlisle," a pale man with bleach blonde hair said.

"Thanks. I'm Dawn, Bella's best friend from Arizona. So why exactly are we here other than Bella's birthday. She hates parties and gifts and anything birthday related."

"Alice threw me a party and I wanted my best friend with me." Bella dragged me up the stairs and I met the rest of the family. Emmett had a sense of humor about the situation, Rosalie looked annoyed that I knew their secret but slightly happy that I didn't really want to know, Alice looked completely happy and not surprised at all to see me, Jasper looked in pain and like he wanted to eat me, and finally Esme gave me a hug and a warm smile. Alice told me and Bella to change and she changed into a green dress that she didn't pick out herself. Alice dressed me in a black strapless dress that ended at my knees. I took my plaid shirt down with me in case I got cold.

Once we got downstairs it was time for gifts. Emmett gave Bella a new stereo system, Alice gave her a bracelet, Rosalie gave her a necklace that Alice picked out. When it was time for Carlisle's gift Bella cut her finger and Jasper pounced. Edward threw Bella back into a glass table and let out a fierce growl.

 Edward threw Bella back into a glass table and let out a fierce growl

Dress^^^