Chapter 4

Dawn's POV

After dinner, Bella drove us home and we went to bed. I changed into my pajamas and took my pain meds although I don't really even need them. The meds still made me woozy and sleepy. I laid down on the pallet and slowly fell asleep.

*Dream*

The man and I were walking along the beach only it wasn't beach weather. It was rainy and dreary and cold. I snuggled closer to his side and he wrapped his arm around my waist tighter. I smiled into his side. He kissed the crown of my head. I looked to my right and saw Jacob and Quil and Embry along with a few others roughhousing in the sand. Some of the girls were laying on blankets away from the fighting boys talking to one another. I laughed at their antics.

"Are you happy here?" my mystery man asked.

"Yes. Very. You know I saw something that I think you would be interested in," I said pulling back slightly to look at his face.

"Oh yeah and what was that?"

"Our future. We were standing over a crib. Your arms were wrapped around my waist, your head resting on my shoulder. We were staring down at a beautiful baby boy and he had your eyes."

"I can't wait. So how old do you think we were?"

"Do you really care?"

"Nope." He picked me up and swung me around with me laughing every step of the way.

We heard a scream and both of us looked in the direction of the boys. The scream sounded again but it sounded closer. Black dots covered my eyes and then darkness was all I saw.

**

I sat up gasping for air. Bella was having a nightmare. Again. Charlie came into the room and he tried to wake Bella. When she finally woke up she did the same thing she always does. She apologizes and tells Charlie to go back to sleep. I was getting tired of this... routine. Once Bella fell back asleep I got up. Charlie was pacing the living room.

"She is going to be okay," I said startling him.

"I know I just hate seeing her like this," Charlie muttered.

"You know she is better when she is with Jake. He helps her forget."

"I know that is why I don't tell her no when she wants to see him. So how do you like Forks?"

"I haven't seen much of it. I have been too busy following Bella around like a lost puppy, but I don't think that either of us minds much."

"True. I think that we should get back to bed."

"Good night Charlie."

"Goodnight Dawn."

I went back up to Bella's room but couldn't fall asleep. I looked at my phone only to see that it is two in the morning. I tried to fall asleep but couldn't. Finally five hours later Bella's alarm went off. I took an outfit out of my bag and went into the bathroom first. A fifteen-minute shower later I was getting dressed in a pair of jeans, a jean style long sleeve shirt, a gray sweater jacket thing and a pair of knee high brown boots. Bella was waiting for me to finish so I do my hair in her room. I decide to do a fishtail braid for my hair. Hair finished and outfit in place I walked downstairs to eat breakfast. Bella came downstairs with a frown on her face. I asked what was wrong but she told me that it was nothing.

*(One Week Later)*

It has been a week and we have yet to see Jake. Bella has called Jake at least a dozen times a day. Today she came down the stairs huffing angrily. She almost bolted to her truck. I got in shotgun in case she decided to do something stupid. She drove passed the rez border and straight to Jake's house. She demanded to Billy that she see Jake. He looked at me for help but I shrugged my shoulders signaling that he was on his own. I saw Sam out of the corner of my eye and turned to look at him. I slowly walked outside but Bella caught me. She looked at Sam and stormed out of the house. I ran after her to stop her but she wasn't listening to me.

"Bella!" I yelled at her.

"What did you do?" Bella yelled at Sam. She kept yelling what did you do and she tried to shove Sam but he barely moved. The boys tried to move in on Bella but Sam told them to back off. "He didn't want this."

"What did we do? What did he do? What did he tell you?" Paul asked getting closer to Bella.

"Both of you calm down," Sam said trying to play peacemaker.

"Nothing, he tells me nothing because he is scared of you," Bella spoke ignoring Sam. The other boys started to laugh at her and that made me mad.

"Hey!" I yelled walking towards them, "Bella is just looking out for her friend. She is trying to be there for him like he was for her so knock it off."

Sam looked impressed and the boys shut up. Bella was still mad so she punched Paul. He gets angry, his face was beet red and he looked like he was going to attack Bella. I grabbed her hand and we ran back to the truck. I looked back to see Sam telling him to calm down but he transformed into a wolf... a giant silver wolf. I tripped over my own two feet and fell on my backside. Bella left me and I was in the path of Paul.

Jake came flying out of the house and Bella tried to tell him to run but he just threw off his t-shirt and phased into a giant wolf right over our heads. Jake and Paul were fighting. Their fighting and grappling took them into the forest. Sam told Embry to take Bella and me to Emily's. I stayed put watching the two giant wolves fight. Embry forcefully tugged on my arm to get me to move but my feet were firmly planted to the ground. Sam noticed and he walked up to me.

He gently took one of my hands into his own and led me to the car. "Please go," he whispered almost if it pained him to tell me to leave. I slowly nodded my head and hopped in the truck. He ran back towards the fight and phased into a wolf only he was slightly bigger than Paul but not Jake. Embry drove and I just continued to stare out the side window. He pulled up to a house that was a good distance away from Jake's.

"Hey, guys you're back. Hi, I'm Emily, Sam's sister," A girl said. She had shoulder length black hair with the same eyes as Sam. I slowly got out of the truck cautious as to what might happen. "So your Bella. It's nice to meet you."

"You too. This is Dawn," Bella said pointing to me. I gave a small wave and slowly took a couple of steps forward.

"So are you going to wolf out on us too?" I asked with a slight laugh not quite sure if I was joking or not.

"Nope I'm one hundred percent human," Emily said.

"Just checking."

"It's fine. So who's hungry? Like I have to ask."