Chapter 14

Outfit above^^^

Dawn's POV

"Alice dressed you and promised to bring something in for you when you woke." Almost as soon as the words left his mouth Alice was in the room.

"Here are some clothes," Alice said literally bouncing into the room.

"Thank you," I muttered knowing that she would hear me.

"I want to invite you to Bella's graduation party."

"Why?"

"Well you're Bella's friend and I think she would want you to be there-"

"You really don't know Bella. She hates parties, of any kind. Besides I'm not staying for very long. Where's my phone?"

"It's with your old clothes-"

"And why aren't they here?" I was slowly growing impatient with her.

"Because you have no fashion sense."

"Get out! I mean it, Alice, out," I demanded.

She quickly left and I locked the door behind her. After looking through the clothes Alice left only a pair of jeans were my style. I graciously took the undergarments and slipped them on under the hospital gown as well as the jeans. I noticed a decent jacket, not my style by any means, but still, put it on. After that, I unlocked the room and walked out.

The entire family was waiting for me to emerge. Alice scowled at my attire but I was standing my ground. She was not going to push me into 'flashy' clothes. Edward chuckled and I gave him the 'are you stupid' look and he turned serious.

"I am sorry about the neck," Edward said.

"Thank you for the apology but this only proves my case that you and your family are dangerous people and I want nothing to do with that. Now I would like my clothes and I would like to go home," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"What happened was a mistake. I thought you were a dog that crossed the treaty line... that is no excuse I know but I hope that this doesn't affect your friendship with Bella."

"This affects my friendship greatly, not that it is any of your business. However that is between me and Bella, now my clothes and a ride home."

The mother, Esme I learned was her name, gave me my clean clothes and I went back into the room to change. Alice offered to drive me but I bluntly declined. Carlisle then offered and I accepted his offer.

"May I ask what is troubling you?" he asked as we got in the expensive car.

"You mean besides the fact that your son tried to kill me?" I sarcastically sassed back.

"Yes."

"My mother was sick and now she's not but it will take her a few months to recover properly and I don't know if I can leave again."

"I thought you and Bella were fighting."

"We are. I was talking about the people whom you refer to as 'dogs'."

"The wolves are not good company to keep-"

"And yet the same argument can be made about you. They never tried to kill me, unlike some people."

"Edward didn't really mean it. We are all on edge around here with Victoria lurking around."

"Whatever. The wolves have the same excuse yet still manage to keep their temper around us mere humans."

"I can see that nothing will change your mind about us but I ask that you please give us a chance to change your mind."

"I'll think about it."

I exited the car and walked calmly up to Charlie's house. I walked up to my borrowed room and changed my outfit once again before going into the bathroom to cover up the purple bruises.

I dressed in a pair of bootleg jeans, a white long sleeve shirt, and a navy blue sweater poncho. I also grabbed my knee-high brown boots. I called Sam and asked him to send someone to come get me. He told me that Billy would be over soon. I told him that I loved him before hanging up. I grabbed my bags and dropped them by the door. Thankfully Bella and Charlie were both out. So I quickly wrote a letter telling them that I would be going to stay with Sam until it was time for me to leave.

Billy and Jake showed up and thankfully didn't question my impromptu move. The ride was a peaceful one, silent but not uncomfortable. They pulled up to Sam's and the pack all shuffled out to see who arrived.

"Hey guys," I meekly said trying not to draw attention to the bruises.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem off," Jared commented while grabbing my bag from the back.

"Yeah, fine. Where's Sam?"

"He had to go and get groceries. We ran out after lunch," Embry said.

"Of course you would. What would you guys like for dinner?"

"Hey, wasn't expecting you back so soon," Jacob said awkwardly.

"What can I say, I missed my boys." I teased.

"Hopefully not too much," Sam said from behind me.

"Never. So what's for dinner?"

"I bought a lot so whatever you want."

After going through all the groceries I decided to make Pasta and garlic bread. After boiling down the pasta I started heating the pre-made red sauce while throwing the garlic bread in the oven. Not a minute later all of the boys were sitting or standing at the tiny island in the kitchen. I told them to go to the living room or they will be the last one to eat. I have never seen them move so fast. I finished a few minutes later and served myself and Emily before calling the boys to the kitchen. I take back my earlier comment, that was the fastest I have ever seen them move.

After dinner, we were relaxing in front of the TV in the living room. In addition to the high body heat of all the men, they had a roaring fire going. Needless to say, I was getting hot. I took off my sweater and immediately felt better but a small growl from my left made me jump.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

"Edward, but Carlisle looked me over and told me that I'm fine-" I started before I was interrupted again by a different growl.

"How dare they lay a hand on you?" Jared seethed.

"Well, their pathetic excuse was they thought I was one of you. Of course, he had ample time to release me before I passed out-"

"You passed out?!" Sam said shaking.

"Sam, please calm down. I'm fine. Besides I'm not staying at Charlie's anymore." I wrapped my arms around him as best I could seeing as how I was in his lap.

"Good," Sam stopped shaking and wrapped his arms around me. "I don't want you in Forks until we resolve this."

"I won't. I will have to go to the airport in about a week."

"Let's not talk about that tonight."

Thankfully that put an end to all conversations. I kept my gaze focused on the fire and its flickering flames. I could feel Sam's gaze on my neck and I moved to cover it up but he caught my hand and gave it a small kiss before resting his cheek on the top of my head. I nestled my head in the crook of his neck and closed my eyes feeling the fatigue set in.