Chapter 11

Dawn's POV

How I managed to get a wink of sleep last night is beyond me but come the first rays of the dawn I was awake. Sam was resting beside me on my bed. I couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not so I kept quiet. I tried and failed to get out of his death hold and go to the bathroom. Today I tried poking him in the stomach. He let out a squeak and moved the hand that was covering my waist to cover his stomach. I took my chance and ran to the only bathroom in the house. When I was done I saw Sam still sleeping in bed. I snuggled back into him and closed my eyes.

What I can assume was a few hours later Sam was gently waking me up and telling me that we have to be at the hospital. I quickly got dressed in a pair of old jeans and a faded t-shirt with an old jacket of Sam's. We grabbed breakfast on the way to the hospital. Now it was time to sit and wait.

Several hours later and Mom was back in her room. The Doc said that she responded well to the treatment, whatever that means, and that she was expected to make a full recovery. She had to rest so Sam and I sat back down in the world's most uncomfortable chairs. I must have fallen asleep because for a second time today I was being shaken awake. It was the nurse telling us that Mom was awake. I walked inside and Mom looked if possible worse than before. I gently sat beside her and took her hand in my own feeling a slightly stronger pulse than last time.

"Nurse Amy?" I asked as Amy came in to check on Mom's vitals.

"Yes?" she responded.

"Do you think that a house in the middle of a forest would be a better place for her to live than here?"

"Well, here she has her doctors and her medicine. What's this about?"

"After I went away I found this amazing life and I don't want to have to choose between them and Mom. I always knew that it was just a trip but I found something absolutely amazing and I..."

"Let me guess? Your new boyfriend. I was once where you are now. If he is the one then he will understand whatever you decide and as a parent, it is our job to love our child no matter what. How about this? How about I ask the doctor to check on your mother in a little bit and you can ask him then? Okay?"

"Thank you, Amy."

"You're welcome." Then she left and Sam entered. We cuddled on the couch in the room.

About an hour later the doctor came in and Sam told me that he would give us a minute to discuss things.

"Your mother is showing great signs of improvement. Amy told me that you had some questions regarding her care in another facility?"

"I guess you could call it that. I met Sam knowing that it could never last but I found myself every day wanting it to be a permanent thing but I can't leave my mom."

"Where exactly does Sam live?"

"He lives on a reservation near Forks, Washington."

"I know a good doctor there, Carlisle Cullen. He should be able to help your mother if that is what you choose to do, but you need to understand she won't be able to move from this hospital for a few months at least. We need to make sure that she took to the surgery as she has now."

"Of course, thank you, Doctor."

"I'll be back to check on her soon."

Sam came back into the room as soon as the doc left. He asked what happened and I told him that mom was going to get better. I didn't, however, tell him about not being able to leave for a few months. We cuddled on the couch until visiting hours were over. Mom woke up for a few hours and we talked about all the things we were going to do once the hospitals were behind us.

Once back at home I made dinner. It was very simple, chicken nuggets and French fries. I had to make the entire bag of both in order to sate Sam's never-ending appetite. After dinner, we were settling down for bed when Sam got a call. He took it in the living room. From the bedroom, I could hear some loud shouts. I couldn't call them yells 'cause I could tell that Sam was trying to quiet his voice so I wouldn't be able to hear but he raised his voice a few times before he remembered to quiet them down. He came back to bed frustrated but tried his very best to control it for me.

"What's wrong?" I asked snuggling into his side after he crawled under the covers.

"Bella went to save her leech but she brought them back with her," Sam said through gritted teeth.

"So what does that mean?"

"More boys will shift and we can't come into Forks..."

"You can't come to see me. I actually need to tell you something. I talked to mom's doctor about moving her to Forks and he said that there was a good doctor there but that she wouldn't be ready to make that move for a few months. So..."

"You want to stay here with her."

"Yeah."

"I think you should stay here. Vampires only lead to problems and with you here they can't hurt you. Just promise to call at least twice a day."

"Once when I get up and once before I go to bed. I promise, as long as you promise me that you are being careful."

"I promise."

*Authors Note*

If you guys like this I am coming out with a Jasperxfemoc and a Paulxfemoc real soon.