Chapter 3: Surprise

Tossing and turning in my sleep I finally oake up and seen that its already 6P.M. "Dammit, I slept all day!" I say panicking because that only gives me 2 hours to get ready and get over to the comic book shop to meet my brother and friends.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and straightened my hair and put on a little bit of makeup, just a simple smokey eye with some light colored lipstick, Then I ran to my closet and grabbed a Uchiha T-Shirt and some black jeans with my black converse, and put them on. "Fuck, I forgot to brush my teeth." I said to myself as I ran to the bathroom and quickly, but messily brushed my teeth and redid my lipstick.

Leaving nothing else to do, I went downstairs to not see my parents anywhere. Guessing they are at work, I grab my keys and headed out the door.

"Are you kidding me!! My tire is flat. Dammit!" I ran back and unlocked the garage and grabbed the pump and pumped my tire up as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast. "Now, that leaves me 1 hour to get there." I ran the pump back in the garage and closed and locked it, speed walking back to my car.

Is that everything? I thought to myself as I buckled up and started the engion. "Alright, let's get going!" I said to myself excited to see my friends.

¤¤¤

After about 45 minutes of driving I finally made it to the comic book shop, but didn't see any cars and for some reason, the windows are blocked with black curtains where I can't see inside

Whats going on, am I too late?

"Hey Erissa!" I heard a familar voice scream at me.

"Jakey! Did I make it in time? Where is everybody?"

"Oh um they'll be here in a couple of minutes, let's just step inside and wait on them." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Alright, but wait, what's with the curtains?" I said very confused.

"Oh um, so no costumers come. It's just us today, props to Alice, the owner

"Oh, sweet! I can go in the back and read all the manga I want!"

"Y-yeah," he studdered nervously as we walked to the door, and he slowly unlocked it.

"Jake hurry up!" I said ready to get in and read already, also having to use the restroom.

"Alright, alright." He said as he finally unlocked it and slowly slid it open.

"Why is it so dark in here I cant see anything?" Just as I said that the lights came on and there were people everywhere dressed up in cosplay outfits.

"SURPRISE!!" They all screamed in unison, giving me a slight heart attack.

"Oh my nara." I said holding my chest as my heart throbbed from the impact of their screams.

"You alright sis?"

"Y-yeah, what is all of this?" I asked noticing all of the birthday banners and balloons with different Naruto symbols on them.

"Happy birthday little sister." My brother said with the biggest smile on his face while hugging me very tight.

"L-let g-go can't b-reathe."

"My bad, haha." He said as he ruffled my long hair.

"It's your 18th birthday so all of us decided to do something special for you," Holly said as she came out of the croud.

"Thank you guys, it means a lot!" I said as tears began to start forming in my eyes.

"Any-"

"Wait," I interrupted my brother, "why is everyone dressed up yet I wasn't allowed to?" I asked a little angrily.

"Follow me." Is all he said as he dragged me to the back.

"Remember when we went to the mall yesterday, and you saw me in the cosplay shop?" He asks being very supicious.

"Yeah? Why did you bring that up?"

"Well, I know how you always fantisize about how you would be as a shinobi... sooo.. I stole one of your drawings of Asuka and made it reality. Happy birthday Asuka." He said as he handed me a wrapped box. I began to open it very confused on why he called me my dream shinobi name, but then I sae it. A navy bluish black wig, and dark blue contacs.

"There's more." He said as I folded up the piece of parchment under the wig,

"Oh my!" I screamed as I pulled out a white crop top tank top, with some black shinobi pants with the slight bit of red down the sides, along with a pair of simple leaf ninja shoes. "JAKEY!" I screamed as I ran up and hugged my big brother. "T-this is amazing." Tears started to fall.

"You deserve it." He said hugging me back.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said immediately releasing the hug and running to the bathroom to change.

"Wow.." I said to myself looking into the mirror. " I look amazing." And with that, I walked back out to have my brothers jaw drop to the floor.

"Wow Erissa, you look beautiful."

"Thanks Jakey." I replied with a smile.

We walked back to the front of the store just to hear whistles and screaming coming from every direction as I walked in.

"WOW!"

"WOO!"

"Go Erissa, you look so good!" A guy sheepishly said while he winked

Uhh okay, the last one was weird..

"Thanks everyone!" I said ignoring the fact that some people were enjoying the cosplay a little too much.

"So ready to blow out your candles!?" My brother screamed breaking my train of thought.

"Of cource!" I walked over to the 3 tier cake and closed my eyes as everyone began to sing happy birthday, I thought of a wish quickly trying to blow out all of the candles in one blow.

'I wish my fantasies would become reality.'
I said to myself in my head so no one could hear.

It's a little embarrasing that I wished for a such thing knowing its not possible, but everybody can dream.

"What'd you wish for!! What'd you wish for!!" Everybody started screaming.

"N-nothing, it won't come true if I tell."

"Awhh." They all said hanging their heads low.

"Enough pouting, let's get this party going!" I said turning up the radio beginning to dance.

Everybody was dancing and my brother brought some alcohol knowing i'm underage. Not caring because it's my brithday, I walked over to the counter and drank shot after shot, and before I knew it I could barely walk , but it seemed everyone was that way. I stumbled to the dance floor and started dancing, whilst very drunk. Gaining way too much attention.

Next thing I knew its been hours of me dancing then drinking then dancing then drinking on repeat not caring. Time flew by quicker than I thought and drunk people were leaving 1 by 1 to go home. Not seeing my brother anywhere I decided to just get in my car and leave. Being under the influence I wasn't in the right mind to drive, but I was too drunk to mind so I got in my car and started it up anyway.

I began driving down the highway making my way home, but then something happened.

Everything started spinning.

"W-whats g-going on?"I could no longer feel or hear anything.

Then everything went black...