I'll Be Your Toy Just Don't Break Me

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/782391

~*~

Louis Tomlinson was used to seeing his body as a valuable commodity, and it’d landed him a pretty good situation, since he was currently sitting in a Jacuzzi, sipping a fruity cocktail and eating from a plate of various fruits. He’d have preferred chocolate but you had to make some sacrifices when the way you looked directly correlated to how well you lived.

Louis had met Zayn Malik at a charity auction a year ago; and he’d been living with him for 11 months now. Although ‘with’ Zayn is a relative term; Louis had his own room, and most nights he slept in Zayn’s room, but when the older man didn’t have the patience for him, Louis was sent to sleep on his own. Zayn was a lot more beautiful than any of the other men Louis had been with, he was rich and successful, in his late 30’s and powerful.

Louis was turning 21 in 4 days, but his birthday only made him uncomfortable, and he tried to keep Zayn from thinking about or mentioning it. Louis had long ago accepted his status as toy boy to the rich and famous. He was a good-looking young man and that was what kept him in his current state of luxury; all age would do was diminish his appeal. Louis thought that maybe a small part of Zayn loved Louis a little, he held him often, kissed him frequently, and when they had sex it was intimate and Louis felt strangely attached to Zayn. Although Louis vehemently refused to call it love in any way, shape or form.

Louis was Zayn’s boyfriend, but everyone knew his status was ephemeral. As soon as Zayn bored of Louis, or he became too much hassle, then he’d send him away as easily as he’d asked him to live with him; it was an unspoken agreement between the two of them, and most of the socialites in the area knew it too, but it was common enough not to raise any eyebrows. Every man who wanted to keep his shiny image needed a pretty accessory to bring along to social events. And that’s the role Louis filled.

A soft brush of lips against his neck made him jerk up straight and his eyes flash open in surprise, he spun around in the water, almost dropping his cocktail in the process. Zayn crouched at the side of the Jacuzzi, behind where Louis had just been reclined lazily, Zayn’s face was bright with amusement, his lips curled into a wicked smirk that had Louis’s stomach clenching in want. He quickly smiled back, and his smile was genuine, another thing that was so unlike his previous relationships. His previous ‘boyfriends’ had also been from high social groups, showering him with money and pretty things, but he’d never been as happy with them as he had with Zayn.

“Good afternoon, darling,” Zayn murmured, reaching a hand out to stroke Louis’s sharp cheekbone, and it caused Louis eyelashes to flutter down and butterflies in his stomach; he still wasn’t used to being touched so lovingly, almost reverentially.

“Good afternoon, babe. Good day at work?” Louis asked breathily whilst moving to kneel up of the little ledge inside the Jacuzzi- the one he had been sat on previously- to get closer to his lover. Zayn took the hint and leaned down to kiss Louis’s pink lips softly, pulling back and smirking again at the small whimper of protest that fell from Louis’s lips.

“Very. Sealed the deal for a contract with another company, hopefully the deal with bring us in a higher profit margin,” Zayn boasted with a grin, his teeth straight and gleaming white against his naturally tan skin, his Pakistani heritage giving it a golden glow and giving him eyes of a deep, beautiful, chocolate brown. Zayn had eyes that drew you in, that made Louis feel as if he would do anything the older man asked. Zayn’s hair was done up in a stylish, slicked-back quiff to match the rest of his appearance; a sleek black, silk suit that clung lovingly to his broad chest and shoulders, a light grey fitted shirt, and a burgundy, skinny tie, his shoes black and shiny and tasteful. A small triangle of burgundy sat in his breast pocket- to match his tie, obviously- and a shiny gold tie-pin sat gleaming in the light, matching the golden cuff-links at his wrists and the gold and diamond earring that sat in one of his ears.