Part 2 of IBYTJDBM

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/784680

~*~

6 months later

Louis's eyes closed with a sigh as the masseur rubbed her oiled hands down his back, kneading away any tension in his muscles, making him melt into the soft massage table. When she told him she was done he pouted a little but allowed her to leave.

"Can you make me one of those pink drinks you made for me yesterday, Peter? Thank you, sweetheart," Louis grinned flirtatiously at the bartender, who simply rolled his eyes and smiled softly, all of Zayn's staff were used to him by now.

They were used to the over exuberance and the need for everything to be perfect and beautiful. They were situated in what Zayn liked to call Louis's Palace; really it was just one of the upper floors which had been made into one giant open room with different areas for the various things Louis wanted. Such as his cute little Tikki bar along with Peter his bartender, a spacious Jacuzzi, a sauna, lounge chairs, an exercise area- with a running machine, a treadmill, and weights which he barely used- and also a boutique area where his stylist would help him get ready for events or simply if he wanted to look extra done up one day. Zayn spoiled him, and it'd only gotten worse after he'd admitted to Louis that he loved him. Louis still hadn't said it back, but Zayn never pushed him, he knew that Louis was trying his hardest to show his love instead of say it.

Just as Peter walked over to where Louis was seated on a plush lounge chair- dressed only in a pair of short dark blue swim shorts- handing him his pretty pink drink, and receiving a wink and a bottom slap off Louis because he was feeling playful, Zayn walked in and gave Louis a small frown at his actions. Louis smiled at him innocently and stood to face his lover.

Zayn looked beautiful as always, though today he was dressed more casually that usual, he'd decided to take a rare day off- what that really meant was he was meeting clients in his home study instead of his office at work. He wore a cream-coloured long-sleeved top that had a v-neck collar; the soft material was delicate and clung to him in a way that almost made Louis jealous, He wore a pair of black jeans that were tight to his long, lean legs, his outfit made him look tall and graceful, and made him look young, if you discounted the silver hairs on his temples or the age in his eyes, but why would you discount those things? Zayn's age was not a detraction from his beauty, in fact it made him all the more spectacular, whereas Louis youth- at only 21- made him over excitable and giddy, almost fickle seeming; Zayn was a powerfully calm man, his confidence an aura around him that drew the eye of anyone within radius.

"You should stop flirting with my staff, baby, I might take it upon myself to get mad," Zayn said softly, his deep voice making Louis shiver and lean almost desperately into the hand Zayn raised to stroke Louis cheekbone.

"Well if you'd play with me more often, I would have to resort to baiting the staff," Louis said with an impertinent smile, causing Zayn to huff out a surprised laugh. Zayn brought Louis closer using his hold on his jaw, pressing a soft kiss to Louis pink lips that made Louis feel delicate and like he could float off at any second. Louis reached up to wrap his arms around Zayn's neck but the older man pulled away with a regretful smile, holding onto Louis's hands and pressing one last kiss to Louis pout, before walking back out of the room.

Zayn had been distracted lately, paying Louis less and less attention, and putting more of his time into work. Louis wasn't too proud to say he was willing to do anything to get that attention back. Louis knew he was a creature that easily starved from lack of care and attention, he needed to be centre stage, and with no one more so than Zayn. He hadn't been kidding with that jibe at wanting more of Zayn's time. His lover had been spending a lot of time at work or in his study, and he hadn't allowed Louis to sleep in his bed for 4 nights straight. Louis knew in his head that Zayn couldn't have simply changed his mind and stopped loving Louis, but the lack of intimacy was making Louis feel unwanted, his little insecurities popping up. Louis was a confident person on the outside, but inside he was deeply sensitive to anything Zayn did, and he'd read into everything.