Don't Say Don't

When Cassiel put two fingers on each side of Yaeli's forehead, Yaeli hesitated.

Did she really want to do this? Maybe she should. She had this constant need to help people. Well, the Righteous Man was a person so, she would help them.

Then she saw a bright light. It was welcoming. It was loving. It was home.

Then everything went black. It didn't last long though.

When she woke up she was in a forest. The sun was shining brightly and the birds were chirping happily.

If this was what hell was like, Yaeli wouldn't mind ending up here.

A little down the path was a house. It looked old; almost falling apart

Yaeli tried opening the door, but as soon as she did she was being pinned down.

And there it was. That radiating soul. It was unforgettable, unmistakable.

"What the hell are you doing back? Did you get bored?"

"What? No, I'm Yaeli. I'm here to save you."

"Save me? Right, like I'm going to believe that?" She pressed harder into Yaeli.

"I swear, I'm only here for that. I don't want to hurt you. Cassiel sent me."

"She is right, you know." There was a young man standing behind her now. "She isn't here to hurt you, Jessica."

"Who the hell are you?" Yaeli asked.

"I am Samiel. I'm sorta in charge of where people go after they die. I take souls to their final resting place, whether it be heaven or hell."

"She is here to save me?"

"Both of you do not belong here. I was in a big meeting with a couple of the other angels. I left Azreal in charge for the day, I realize now that that was a huge mistake. I'll make sure the both of you get back home safely. I'll see you both soon. I hope it's not here though."

And with that, Yaeli was off.

If saving the Righteous Man was that easy, why didn't Cassiel just go himself.

When Yaeli awoke she was in a small room. There was little to no furniture in it, but it was homey nonetheless.

"Yaeli, you're awake." Jophiel stood from one of the chairs in the room.

"Where the hell am I?" Yaeli asked closing her eyes to adjust to the bright lights.

She opened them, Jophiel was gone.

"Welcome to heaven kiddo."