So Lonely You Could Die

They left Illinois the next week, and Yaeli forgot about the deal she struck with Gabriel. All she did was train Jess, do research, joke with Cassiel, and eat.

The dinners Jess made were absolutely delicious, they made her forget all about wondering whether she was actually bad.

They got to Wyoming in the late afternoon, checked into a hotel. They prepared for Lucifer.

They got leads, followed them, and found him at an abandoned warehouse.

"Jess, you can't go in ready to fight. You scope out the place, okay? Remember what I taught you, what we practiced."

"I remember, please trust me on this. I am ready."

----------------

"Azazel?"

"That is my name."

"You're not Lucifer?"

"Not since the last time I checked. Sorry, did I get your hopes up?"

Yaeli charged at him before Cassiel stopped her. "Yaeli, calm down. He could tell us where Lucifer is."

"Right, like Abbadon did? Yeah, I'm not like him. I am not weak. He told you. I won't."

"Then leave him here," Jess said. "If Lucifer finds out he had a shot at me, and didn't take it, he'll kill him."

"That's a great idea, Jess."

-----------------

"Okay, we're back at square one now!"

"Calm down, Yaeli. We will find him."

"Shit! You know what, you guys go back. I left my blade in there!" Jess said.

"You sure you want to go back in? I could go for you?" Cass offered.

"No. It's okay. You guys go wait in the car. I'll be right out."

They watched as Jess disappeared into the building.

"Ah, you're back."

"Azazel, we both know you're going to die today. Either you die in m hands, or Lucifer's. Who's will it be?"

"Hm. Are those my only two choices?"

"You tell me were he is!"

"Have you gone soft? Is all of this because of one guy? Come on, were's the Lilith I know?"

--------------

"Lucifer could be anywhere, Cass. How are we supposed to find him? It's impossible."

"We will find a way Yaeli, I promise you we will." He moved closer and wrapped his arms around Yaeli's shoulders. "I don't want to have to say it."

Yaeli chuckled. "I promise you, you will not have to say it."

"I think we should look for him in hell," Jess said as she came back into the car.

"What the hell? Where did you get that idea from?"

"I was thinking about while I was looking for my blade. It's possible he went back to hell."

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Cassiel said.

"Okay, I'll start asking Nate and Raziel about it."

-----------------

Ariel had healed what little wounds the trio had. When they asked Nathaniel and Raziel about going into hell all the angels agreed that Yaeli would go in alone to keep Jess safe.

Then it's settled then.

"Yaeli, in order for you to go to hell, I must kill you," Nathaniel had said. "I think I can bring you back, but there are no garuntees."

"Okay. That's fine. Whatever. I kill Lucifer, that's all I have to do, right?"

"Yes."

"It doesn't matter if I come back or not. All that matters is that I save Jess. And the world."

"Right. We start preparations tomorrow."

"Great."

Yaeli was nervous. But who wouldn't be when they were dying?