Like a River Flows

Dying wasn't as bad as Yaeli thought. It hurt when Nate put his blade through her heart. But she was fine now. She could see everyone in the room, everyone looking hopeful, well, everyone except Cass and Jess.

Cass looked heartbroken, Jess was stoic.

"We meet again."

"Samiel, right. You brought me out of hell."

"I'll be having to put you back in there. But I know you'll make it out. You'll defeat Lucifer."

"They all seem to be hoping for that."

"Right now, they're hoping all hoping for that except for Cassiel. He is hoping that you'll come back right now. Not in three hours."

"I wish I could."

"You defeat him. You will make it back out there to see him. But for now--

"Welcome to Hell!"

---------------

"Don't you dare leave me here! Not now!"

She remembered that day. She still had nightmares about it. The day her father left.

"I'm leaving here, today. I can't do this anymore, Clytia!"

"It's all so sad, right? These kids have to see their parents yell at each other as their family falls apart."

Lucifer.

"What is this?"

"It's hell. Made especially for you to enjoy."

"Thanks."

Her mom had fallen to the floor as the door swung shut and the sound of a car engine filled the room.  She was crying and they couldn't even do anything. She'd start kicking and shoving and punching.

Yaeli turned away.

The scene changed. She was back at her adoptive mother's home. She had taught her everything she knows. And Yaeli learned even more own her own.

"You felt like you didn't belong. They all wanted this life. Of running. Of hunting. But you? You wanted out. You thought there was more to life than this."

"Stop," Yaeli whispered.

"You really think that if they didn't want you, your own family, the angels will?"

They had kicked her out. She had no where to go.

"And the worst part is you love him."

Of course she loved him. Who wouldn't?

"But he couldn't even see you."

Now there was a mirror in front of her. "If he would've just looked at you, he would've seen you."

"What are you talking about?"

Yaeli looked back into the mirror to see the soul Cassiel had showed her. The Righteous Man's soul.

"That is all you. I'm not doing anything."

"I'm the Righteous Man?"

Someone laughed from behind her.

"Jessica!" Lucifer exclaimed.

"Name's Lilith, dumbass!"

"What?"

"I'm Lilith, and you are who Cassiel really fell in love with."

"What?"

"It' my turn now."