Can't Help Believin'

"Yaeli, that is you're name, right?" a man asked Yael.

She had been trying to find Cassiel and everyone else, but had found absolutely nothing.

"Who are you?" Yaeli asked, her fists balling up.

"I am Raziel. These are my siblings. Nathaniel, Ariel, and Raphael. We were sent to help you."

"Let me guess, part of the God squad, right?"

"Yes, we are angels," the woman spoke. Ariel had long brown hair, fair skin and blue eyes. She wasn't Disney princess material. Too angry looking.

"Gabriel sent us," Nathaniel said. Now he was a different story. He would rock the role of a Disney prince with his soft features, red hair, and emerald eyes.

"I'm sure he did. Why did he send you?" Yaeli asked Raziel. He looked like the leader of their little group.

"He said you might need our help. Defeating Lucifer, that is." Raphael said. He was tough looking.

"Right, and here I thought he sent you to help with my curling competition."

"We were not informed you needed help with sports competitions. If you would like guidance, I am sure Raziel could help you. He seems to know the most about sports," Ariel said.

"It was a joke. I don't curl. But if I did play sports, I'd choose an actual one, not sweeping."

"Right, sorry. Cassiel was always the one who could pick up on social cues best."

"Back to the point, we can help you get back to Cassiel and Jophiel," Raziel said.

"Okay, then lead the way."

--------------

"Yaeli, you're back," Cassiel said.

"Happy to see you too, Cass!"

"Hello, Cassiel. How have you been doing?" Raziel said. Cassiel's face hardened once he saw who had accompanied Yaeli back to where Jessica had lived before she died.

It was the home Yaeli had seen in hell. But it was newer looking now.

"Raziel, how are you? Ariel," Jophiel nodded towards everyone when she saw them walking in.

"We are fine Jophiel. We came to speak with all of you about Lucifer."

"Cassiel, what have you done?" Ariel asked once she was able to see Cassiel.

"Ariel, we must keep calm. I know this is a rather tight situation, but we can and will fix this, I promise you," Jophiel assured.

"Trust me, if we do not fix this, I will take matters into my own hands. I need to go back home. I can only do that if we kill the devil," Yaeli said.

"And how do you suppose we do that? Since Gabriel chose you to help us, I am certain you know how we plan to kill him?" Raphael asked Yaeli.

"Stop it you two. She shouldn't have to know everything, she is human," Nathaniel said. He held up a blade. It was golden and seemed to shine despite the darkness of the front lawn of Jessica's house. "You should be able to kill him with this."

"If you had that, why didn't you just use it?"

"It cannot be used amongst angels. No brother should kill his own," Cassiel said.

--------------

"I can cook up some dinner while you guys do your research on where to find Lucifer." Jessica offered.

"That would be great thank you Jessica. Would you like assistance?" Ariel asked.

"Yes, thank you."

Yaeli watched them both get up. "Hey, Cass. Is there a library around here?"

"Yes, it is about three blocks north of here."

"Great, then tell Jess I will be back by five."

"I'll go with you. I'm a little bored. We've been catching up all day, she doesn't seem to be leading an interesting life."

"What is an interesting life for an angel?"

Yaeli heard Cassiel say goodbye to Jessica, and followed him to the door.

"So, how is Jess taking the whole, coming back from the dead?"

"She seems to be doing fine."

Yaeli thought back to every time she had seen Jess. She always seemed to have a smile on her face, it never faltered, no matter the circumstances.

"That's nice."

"What?"

"Oh, I'm sure it's nothing. I'm probably just a little shaken up about the whole going to hell then heaven in the span of twenty-four hours part of my life. But, doesn't Jess seem to be taking this too well?"

"I don't understand. What makes you think that?"

"Nothing. It's just that she hasn't stopped smiling all day. I mean, she was dead. And now it's all hust sunshine and rainbows?"

"Exactly, she was dead. She has a right to be happy to be back, alive and kicking," Cassiel said.

"Right, like I said. It was probably nothing."

--------------

"So have you found anything?"

"No, Yaeli. I still haven't found anything since you asked me, exactly one minute ago."

"Sorry, it's just, the quicker we kill him, the sooner I go home."

Yaeli opened up yet another book. "Hey, if something goes wrong, are you willing to go to my family to tell them I'm dead."

"This won't go wrong."

"We don't know that. I mean, has anyone ever tried to kill Lucifer before?"

"Yes," Cassiel said.

"Right, and it didn't work. Why? Because he is the fucking devil!" Yaeli whispered.

"If something goes wrong, you reserve the right to say I told you so."

"I will hold you up to that." They both chuckled. Yaeli kept reading until she found something interesting.

"Hey, Cass?"

"Yes?"

"What do you know about the fallen angel, Abbadon?"