She's Not You

Lilith had begun punching Yaeli somewhere in between scenes. She really didn't notice, she was too busy watching her mother die for a second time.

"You know, if only you just would've given up, I wouldn't have to do this." She punched Yaeli, who was know on the ground.

She refused to fight back, she wouldn't do it. She was going to die before going back to the angels empty handed.

They all depended on her to save them, and she couldn't do it. "You know what, you've sorta grown on me. I'll make you a deal."

--------------

"Cassiel, we must speak." Demons had entered the house as soon as Jess agreed to help Yaeli in hell. Everyone had been hesitant, but Yaeli needed help.

Cass almost attacked them before he was frozen in place. "We really, really have to talk."

"And what is it you want to talk about?" Jophiel asked.

"Her," he said as he pointed to Jess.

"What about her?" Cass asked.

"She's not Jessica. Her name is Lilith. And right now, she is about to make a deal with the real Righteous Man. You must pull Yaeli out of hell."

--------------

"I'm sure Cassiel will be dying to meet the real you. So, we all know I'm gonna kill you. Here's the deal, either you go back to you family to say goodbye, or to the angels. Which will it be, Yaeli?"

Every time she did something wrong, every time she couldn't save one person, her siblings would get angry. She knew it was impossible to save everyone in the town, but some of them were such easy kills. She should've been able to save them.

She thought back to Azazel. The way Cass had treated her. Like she had done nothing wrong, like it wasn't her fault Lucifer would still be around to kill them all.

"Have you decided yet?"

"Yes," Yaeli said, surely.

There was no question about it.

--------------

"Yaeli is the Righteous Man. You must save her from Lilith. Or she will die."

"Nathaniel, pull her out!"

"Aw. Such a sad story. All this time you were fawning over Lilith, when the real deal was right in front of you. And you couldn't even see her," Lucifer appeared next to Nathaniel.

Nathaniel stopped what he was doing to look over at him. "You really shouldn't have stopped." Lucifer held Nathaniel's blade in his hand, he stabbed Nathaniel. Raphael tried healing him, Lucifer stabbed him too. Ariel's cry could've been heard through the entire town.

She did not try to do anything in fear of Lucifer.

Cassiel looked over to Yaeli, who had started gasping for breath. "Oh thank God." he rushed over to her side.

"You will come begging to me, Yaeli. You will crawl to me. Just you wait."

"Yeah, I think I'm good. But hey, I can't blame a girl for trying, right?" Yaeli said weakly.

Lucifer disappeared with a big gust of wind.

"How are you back?" Raziel asked.

"Lilith brought me back."

"Not for long I'm afraid."

"Samiel, what are you doing here?" Cass asked.

"I think it's pretty clear what I am here for."

"No. No, we just got her back. I am not letting her die again."

"Lilith is dead. All you have to worry about is Lucifer. I did the best I could, Cass, but I couldn't. I failed all of you."

"No. You didn't. You will come back. The Righteous Man is destined to rise." Jophiel spoke. "But for now, we must say our goodbyes. Yaeli, I may not like you much more than I did a few weeks ago, but I do wish this could end differently."

"So do I. I don't know you that well, but I do know the Righteous Man. She's pretty badass, she'll come back around," Anael said.

"I feel like it is my fault. I should have guided you better. You shouldn't have to die," Raziel said.

"It's not your fault." Yaeli turned to Cass. "I have to ask. Why couldn't you see me? Why didn't you know it was me?"

Cass had opened his mouth, but nothing would come out. In the end, all he could say was, "I told you so."

"It's time." Samiel came forward. He held out the blade Nathaniel had given Yaeli to kill Lucifer. He pierced her chest and then Yaeli was gone.

But she wasn't sad. She did what she had to. She defeated Lilith, and soon enough, she'd come back and kill Lucifer.

And she'd do it like she did everything else in her life. Without fear.