Chapter 1: The Beginning

It was the Sunday before the 4th of July and Hadley was on the interstate headed towards the Hamptons.To spend a week with her boyfriend Alex's family. She took a week off work as well as everyone else who was coming on the trip. It was Alex's idea to leave at noon instead of earlier like she told him to but he didn't want listen. So she was sitting in the passenger seat messing with her phone and he said "God we should of left earlier." 

"Told you." She whispered 

"Listen I don't need your smart ass attitude. Im already pissed off at you." he said to her 

They finally started moving again and finally got the house. He got his suitcase out and carried it in and left Hadley to fend for herself. She slammed the trunk door and carried her heavy suitcase up the porch and Alex's dad James  saw her struggling and said "Here Hadley."

He took her suitcase in for her and said "Thanks James" They were stopped at the front door by his mom Winnie.

She said "Oh Hadley there you are." 

"Yeah I had to get my own suitcase I guess." she said 

"James come in here and meet your brother's girlfriend." Winnie hollered for Alex's older brother.

"Hi I'm Hadley." she said as she held out her hand 

"Hi I'm James or Bucky this asshole's older brother." Bucky said as he pointed to Alex

"It's nice to meet you." She said to him 

Hadley was a blonde with dark blue eyes and all of around 5'1.

Winnie said "Hadley is a nurse at Brooklyn Medical." 

"Yes let's all congratulate my girlfriend for being just like everyone else in the family but me." Alex said as he picked up his bags and started up the stairs. 

She bit her lip and swallowed back some tears. She went to pick up her bag when Bucky said "I've got it Hadley he's an asshole."

She showed him to the room her and Alex were sharing and he sat her bag down.

She said "Thank you James"

"You are welcome Hadley." he said to her

"Yes thank you James even though my girlfriend is more than capable to do it herself. She carried it down the stairs of her apartment building when I picked her up." Alex said 

Bucky rolled his eyes and said "Maybe you like being an asshole. But Im not an asshole little brother."

"Just leave us alone." Alex said

Hadley ended up leaving the room when Alex said what he said. She went outside put her feet in the water of the pool when someone handed her a beer. She looked up to see Bucky as he sat down beside her.

"Everything ok?" he said to her

She took a sip of her beer then said "Yup everything is great." 

Bucky knew she was lying but he let it go. Winnie came out of the back door.

She said "Hey James honey do you think that you could run to the store for me I forgot to get something." 

"Yeah mom I can." he said 

Hadley bit her lip and whispered "James can I come with you?" 

He helped her up and said "Yeah you can come with me as long as my brother doesn't mind." 

She went upstairs and got her wallet and Alex was on the phone she said "Im running to the store." 

He said "Fine whatever." 

She went back downstairs and met James at his car he opened the door for her. Which was surprising to her cause Alex never did that. They got to the store and she filled her basket with ice cream and Hershey kisses and gummi bears. The 3 things that get her through when things are tense between her and Alex. She paid for her stuff and they went back to the house.

That night Alex asked her who she went to the store with and she said "Your mom was sending your brother to the store and I asked if I could tag along to get me some snacks." 

"So you went with my brother?" he said to her

"Yes I went with your brother what's the big deal?" she said 

He grabbed her by the arms and squeezed as he slammed her against the wall. "You only leave here unless its with me. Or my parents or when Becca gets here you can leave but nobody else. Understand?" He said

"Ow ow Alex stop it!" She yelled 

He smacked her across the face breaking skin.

"You shut up right now before you wake everyone up. Do you understand me Hadley Rose?" 

"Fine." She whispered 

He let go of her arms and he went to bed. She saw that bruises were starting to form on her arms and sbe cleaned up the blood.

And she thought great "more bruises to hide." as she slipped on a hoodie and went to bed. 

Bucky heard the fight as his room was next door. He knew then that what he thought was going on between them was right. Alex was abusing that sweet girl and he just yelled at her for going to the store with him.