Chapter 2: Things Unravel Slowly

The next morning Hadley was downstairs in a pair of white cotton shorts and her pink victoria secret hoodie standing on her tip toes trying to reach the coffee mugs.  When she felt someone come up behind her and place a hand on her hip and she quickly jumped and tensed up and started to freak out.

Then she heard "Hadley it's me James"

He turned her around and placed two of his fingers on her wrist and said 'Breathe darlin."

She was shaking and focusing on breathing cause she knew what he was doing. He kept looking at his watch and he saw the fear in her eyes that she thought it was Alex that came up behind her. 

James made her sit down at the counter top and he made her cup of coffee for her and brought it over to her. She was finally calm enough that she could hold her cup.

He sat down beside her and said "Are you ok?" 

"Yeah I'm fine. So when is Becca coming isn't she suppose to be here to." she said trying to change the subject. 

"Yeah she had to deliver a baby yesterday so she will be in later today." He said 

"Right I forgot that your sister is a gyno." she said 

"Hadley are you sure that you are alright." he said to her 

She said "yes I'm fine." 

Winnie came downstairs and said "Who wants breakfast?"

"I know I do mom. But no bacon for Hadley." Alex said as he came down the stairs 

Hadley started to shake again almost dropping her coffee cup as James caught it.

Winnie seen it and said "Everything ok Hadley?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm not feeling well I'm going to lay back down." she said 

Alex caught one of her arms.

He said "No you are going to eat breakfast just no bacon."

She was tears cause he was squeezing the bruise.

Bucky said "Alex let go of her if she doesn't feel good let her go lay down." 

"Mind your business brother." Alex said 

"Let her go now Alex." Bucky said

"Alexander Charles you let the girl go right now!." James said as he came into the kitchen

He let go of Hadley  she went running in tears.

"I better never see you have that girl like that again Alex do you hear me I didn't raise you to be like that towards women." James said

"Whatever dad. She is just mad cause I said she couldn't have bacon." he said 

" Why does it matter if she eats bacon or not. She's not even 90lbs soaking wet." Winnie said

Hadley hid for a few hours in their room she had no idea where Alex went. She finally emerged from their room and went downstairs.

Winnie said "Hadley honey come here." 

She sat a plate down in front of her

She said "here he is gone you can eat whatever you want. I know it's your ice cream in the freezer James told me about it." 

Hadley was shaking so bad she couldn't even hold the damn fork and she started to cry.

"Hadley honey what's wrong?" Winnie said just as James and Bucky were coming in from being on the back porch.