Chapter 5: Healing

A month later she had a letter from her lawyer that told her the court date. She felt arms wrap around her.

"How was work baby?" Bucky said as he kissed the side of her head.

She smiled "Tiring. My feet hurt NYU is a huge hospital." She said as she laid her head on his shoulder.

He kissed her lips "mmm I prescribe a hot bath and a foot massage. How does that sound?" he said

"You are the doctor." She said

He let out a chuckle then he turned her around to pick her up. He carried her into the bathroom. He ran them a hot bath they sat on either side of their clawfoot tub he massaged her feet.

After their hot bath he made them dinner. After they ate dinner they were in their bed making out as sex started. They had been together a month he moved her into his condo in the city.

Bucky had been married twice both times failed cause he was unhappy. But he knew in his heart that this time was different he was head over heels in love with her. He rolled off of her and let out a breathe.

"I could do that for the rest of my life baby. Here with you is perfect pure bliss with you baby." He said as he rolled to his side

She smiled at him "I love you.." she said

He kissed her " I love you too gorgeous." He said then they cuddled up and went to sleep.

Two weeks later Bucky whisked her off to Paris for her 33rd birthday. He wined and dined her all week. They did all the touristy things while they were there.

On their last night their they were standing in front of the eiffel tower. He kissed her then rubbed their noses together. "I love you baby." He whispered

"I love you too. This has been the best birthday in the whole world James." She said.

"I um I hope that this next surprise makes it better." He said

He took a deep breathe  as he pulled out the ring box.

"Hadley Rose I love you. And I dont understand how I could fall for you so fast but I have. I want to spend the rest of my life loving you doing everything that I can to make sure you are happy safe protected from everything I can to protect you from. I want to build our family and to love you till the day they put me in the ground. So will you please marry me?" He said as he drops to his knee.

She smiled so big she shook her head yes as she had happy tears.

"Oh James its beautiful

"Oh James its beautiful..but not to ruin the moment but are you sure about this?" She said

"Im very sure baby." He said as he kissed her.

They flew back to NY the next morning where they announced their engagement. James walked over to Bucky.

"James..this will be your third marriage." James said

"And my last I love her. Its different dad its been three years since me and Sasha ended dad. Its time that I move on just like she did." He said

"Well Im happy for you son. And her she deserves some happiness in her life too." James said.

A few days Bucky came with her to court. Alex seen them walk in together as his older brother had his arm around her waist. It was the day of the verdict hearing. Her lawyer told her that she didn't have to be there every day.

They all stood up when the judge came in. Bucky interlaced his hand with hers as they did. They all sat down the judge went the days upcoming precedings.

The jury said that they had come to the verdict. The baliff took it handed it to the judge. "All a rise as the jury foreman reads the verdict." The judge said

They all stood up her ring was in plain sight. Alex seen it as Bucky held her hand. He felt his temper rising he was boiling inside.

" In the case of Alexander Jackson Barnes we find him guilty of manslaughter in the first degree. In the case of Alexander Jackson Barnes we find him guilty of attempted murder in the second degree." The foreman said

"Prosecution what is your sentence?" The judge said

"10 years with no parole for the attempted murder charge. 5 years with no parole for manslaughter." The lawyer said

"Ok Mr Barnes. You have been found guilty on both counts. And a total of 15 years of prison time with no parole." The judge said then hit his gravel.

He turned around to Hadley. "You fucking whore what did he have that I dont. I proposed to you and you turned me down. But I guess big brother wins with the big diamond and the big dick right. Or is it the money." Alex said

"Mr Barnes I will advise you to shut your mouth." The judge said

Bucky bit his tongue and took her by the hand as they walked out. "Have fun with marriage #3 big brother hope it fails too." Alex said

Bucky stopped "Shut up Alex she is no longer yours. Shes my girl now and you are going to be someone's prison bitch. I hope you enjoy that little brother." He said then they left the courthouse.