"The Wattys" Sneak Peek and Q&A with @Pandean

Watty season is upon us, so it's a good time to take a sneak peek at the excellent chapter Kara Barbieri (Pandean) wrote for The Writer's Guide to Wattpad. While the secret sauce for choosing winners ultimately lies with Wattpad HQ, there are certain things you can do to better your odds at winning the world's largest online fiction contest. Here's a look.

-Ben

*** Q&A with Pandean

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

2015

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

I wanted to share my writing with other people

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

Making complex worlds, characters, and choices for those characters to make.

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

Probably editing.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

Keep at it. If you feel like your first draft sucks, it's probably because it does. But that's normal. Literally everyone's first draft is complete shit. That's why it's a first draft! Just continue writing until you get your story down on the page and then worry about editing and fixing it. If you never write the story for fear of it being mediocre then you will never improve.

How Do You Write?

I write with my PC usually in the wee hours of the morning

What's Your Favorite Place to Read a Book?

On the roof while sunbathing.

Socks While Writing: Yes or No?

NOPE.

Suppose You Just Inherited $1 Million. What Would You Do With the Money?

Shopping spree, definitely!

With Whom Did You Last Text With?

My friend, Chelsea.

Hemingway Said to "Write Drunk, Edit Sober." What Do You Say to That?

It makes perfect sense.

Do You Think Writers Should Leave Their Older Works Up on Wattpad Even if They Don't Reflect Where They are Now?

It's a personal choice. If you feel okay with it then you should go ahead and do it.

You're Floating High Above Earth, Alone in a Space Station. You Hear a Knock from Outside on One of the Windows. What Do You Do?

Why am I alone in a space station? Where did everyone else go?

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

Any coffee is too much coffee. I hate coffee.

Anything Else You'd Like to Add?

Goats are the bomb.

-30-