"Publishing Your Story" Sneak Peek and Q&A w/@MCRomances

As a writer, the moment you hit "Publish" and send your story into the world can be quite the rush. To make sure you don't get ahead of yourself, M.C. Roman (aka MCRomances) wrote an especially helpful chapter all about that important moment, and what to do afterward. Enjoy! 

~Ben

Sneak Peek

****Q&A w/MCRomances

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

2013

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

I originally joined in the hopes of getting feedback on my writing. I then discovered there were all these amazing stories on the site and have been completely hooked since then!

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

Getting lost in a world that I get to create.

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

Whenever I get writer's block or feel stuck on a story.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

Write stories that you're passionate about and would like to read yourself. Write as much as you can and keep going, even if you're not getting many reads. Don't be afraid to reach out to others, and join the contests! They're a lot of fun and a great way to meet fellow writers.

What Wattpad Story Are You Reading Now?

The Light as a Feather series by zaarsenist. I just finished the first book and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to watch the TV show on Hulu once it comes out!

How Do You Write?

I mostly write on a laptop, but I also keep the Google Docs app on my phone handy for any spur-of-the-moment ideas.

How Much Input from Readers Do You Use for Your Stories?

A lot! I'm always on the look-out for feedback from readers and incorporate many of their comments and suggestions into my stories.

What Motivates You to Continue Writing?

Wanting to accomplish my goals and dreams. It also really helps to have people cheering you on and holding you accountable.

What's Your Favorite Place to Read a Book?

In bed or a comfy sofa.

How Do You Manage to Stay Away from Social Media While You Write? Or Is that Even Possible?

I put my phone on silent and often leave it in another room. If I find myself still procrastinating, then I'll turn off the wi-fi on my computer so I won't be tempted to pull up the internet.

Socks While Writing: Yes or No?

No way! I'm not big on socks and prefer to be barefoot whenever I can. If I get cold, I'll just throw a blanket on.

Where is the Best Place to Write a Book?

Same as a favorite place to read. In bed or a comfy sofa.

Suppose You Just Inherited $1 Million. What Would You Do With the Money?

I would quit my day job and write all day. Probably take a nice extended vacation, too.

With Whom Did You Last Text With?

My mom and my sister. The three of us have a group chat and we text all the time. It mostly consists of really cute photos of my nieces.

Smartphones: Apple or Android?

Apple. Only because I've never had an Android.

Hemingway Said to "Write Drunk, Edit Sober." What Do You Say to That?

Technically, I find it really difficult to write even if I've only had a glass of wine. But if used as a metaphor for writing freely, then I would absolutely agree. I think some of my best writing is done when I don't think about it too much and simply write. You can always edit and fix things later. I think it helps to have two separate mindsets: one for writing and one for editing.

Do You Think Writers Should Leave Their Older Works Up on Wattpad Even if They Don't Reflect Where They are Now?

It's up to each writer to decide, but I do see the benefits of leaving older works up. I personally like to see a writer's progression and growth from when they first started.

You're Floating High Above Earth, Alone in a Space Station. You Hear a Knock from Outside on One of the Windows. What Do You Do?

Open the door. It's obviously George Clooney lost in space.

If You Could Live Inside a Fictional World Created in a Book, Which One Would You Choose?

Maybe Someday by @AuthorColleenHoover (book and series). I just love the characters and think they would make really great friends in real life.

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

Never enough! Although I try to limit coffee to only in the morning, otherwise I have trouble sleeping at night.

Anything Else You'd Like to Add?

Thank you, Ben, for the interview!

[Thanks to you, too! -ed]

-30-