"The Writing Process" Sneak Peek and Q&A with @sweetdreamer33

Not only did Wattpad Star Neilani Alejandrino (sweetdreamer33) put together a helpful chapter about how Wattpad changes the writing process for The Writer's Guide to Wattpad, she also made a video full of her best tips. What's better than that?

~Ben

Video

Sneak Peek

****Q&A with sweetdreamer33

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

2012

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

My daughter introduced Wattpad to me. She knew I would love the app because I enjoy reading and writing stories. She was right! There are millions of free stories to read on Wattpad, and as a writer, it's a great place to share my stories to the world.

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

I love writing because it allows me to express my emotions through the characters of my stories and drift into daydreams and adventures that I could not experience in real life.

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

The haters and bashers. But I realized that in pursuing a goal, you have to be emotionally prepared and mature enough to handle criticisms. We should not let them affect our confidence. Instead, take it as a challenge to be a better writer.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

If writing is really your passion, then go for it! Just remember that there is no elevator for success, you have to take the stairs.

What Wattpad Story Are You Reading Now?

Since I'm editing, my story Sweet Bastard.

How Do You Write?

I use my Macbook all the time.

If There Was a Sandwich Named After One of Your Characters, What Would it Be and Why?

Croissant sandwich for Eros Petrakis, the male lead of The Girl He Never Noticed. He is hard on the outside but soft like cotton in the inside.

How Much Input from Readers Do You Use for Your Stories?

Not much. I prefer giving them a rollercoaster ride, something that makes them fall off their seats. I want them to expect the unexpected so they would keep on wondering what will happen next.

What Motivates You to Continue Writing?

The positive feedback from readers fuels me to keep on writing beautiful stories and make a connection with them.

What's Your Favorite Place to Read a Book?

In bed before I sleep.

Do You Think Technology is Making the Craft of Writing Better or Worse?

In my opinion, it makes writing better. Technology helps in correcting grammars and spelling, making it easy to research, revise and edit the story, providing access to social media for promotion and many other advantages.

How Do You Manage to Stay Away from Social Media While You Write? Or Is that Even Possible?

For me it's possible. I'm using my laptop when I'm writing and I don't open any of my social media accounts so I won't be distracted.

Socks While Writing: Yes or No?

Depends on the place where I'm writing.

Where is the Best Place to Write a Book?

In the bedroom, alone.

Suppose You Just Inherited $1 Million. What Would You Do With the Money?

Make my viral Wattpad story, The Girl He Never Noticed, a movie and collaborate with other producers.

With Whom Did You Last Text With?

My husband.

Smartphones: Apple or Android?

Apple.

Hemingway Said to "Write Drunk, Edit Sober." What Do You Say to That?

I prefer to be sober all the time.

Do You Think Writers Should Leave Their Older Works Up on Wattpad Even if They Don't Reflect Where They are Now?

Yes. It's where they started and gained many followers.

You're Floating High Above Earth, Alone in a Space Station. You Hear a Knock from Outside on One of the Windows. What Do You Do?

I would check what caused the knocking sound.

If You Could Live Inside a Fictional World Created in a Book, Which One Would You Choose?

The Chronicles of Narnia

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

More than five cups a day.

Anything Else You'd Like to Add?

If you want to succeed on Wattpad, write your story with passion and liveliness, be consistent in updating your stories, connect with other Wattpad users and read as many stories as you can to get tips and ideas.