"Fanfiction" Sneak Peek and Q&A with @hepburnettes

Wattpad and fanfiction go together like a Harry Styles and ______ ship. The Writer's Guide to Wattpad wouldn't be complete without a look at how to cut into this robust slice of storytelling. Fanfiction can be serious business, and Noelle N. (hepburnettes) wrote up a terrific chapter all about it. Here's a look.

~Ben

Sneak Peek

***** Q&A with hepburnettes

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

2011 and I've never regretted it!

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

I'd been writing online for a couple of years online before that, but Wattpad was the only site that really convinced me with its effectiveness in handling plagiarism issues. That, alongside some convincing by my friends, was enough to reel me in hook, line and sinker.

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

It's the process of telling a story that, hopefully, someone out there would like.

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

Getting writer's block is my worst nightmare.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

Don't be afraid to take that first step. Every writer starts somewhere, and Wattpad could be that place for you.

How Do You Write?

I tend to list ideas down on my mobile, draft chapters out on paper, then type the full story out on computer.

What Motivates You to Continue Writing?

My readers and their faith in me to tell a story.

Do You Think Writers Should Leave Their Older Works Up on Wattpad Even if They Don't Reflect Where They are Now?

As cringe-worthy as our old works can be, I think they show our progress. Any reader looking at those works will know how much effort we've put into getting to where we are now, and how much we've improved since then. Plus, it's nice to have a good laugh (or cry) at your old works, sometimes!

If You Could Live Inside a Fictional World Created in a Book, Which One Would You Choose?

The Wizarding World from Harry Potter. I'd like a Quick-Quotes Quill to write, please.

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

Why coffee when there's tea?

-30-